Saturday, January 21, 2012

Skincare Saturday: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser Review

Fresh Soy Cleanser is a very popular product, but also very polarizing, and I wanted to see how it compared to Purity. I knew that no matter how well it worked for me, I wouldn't ever purchase the full size ($38 for 5.1 oz, ouch; even the travel size is $15 for 1.7 oz), but I wanted to see what the fuss was about nonetheless. Luckily, it was one of the choices for free samples at Sephora, and unlike other times I've ordered samples of products I actually wanted and received crappy substitutes (or, one memorable time, no samples at all), this was apparently still in stock when my order shipped. Yay!
image via Sephora

Fresh Soy Cleanser is a semi-opaque gel-type cleanser. It's very low-foaming, and I find that I need to use quite a bit of product to be able to wash my face to the degree that I desire. It claims to remove makeup, including mascara, but I found that to not be the case for me; perhaps I've just gotten spoiled using oil cleansers, but regardless, it left me with a fair amount of eye makeup (and unfortunate raccoon eyes). Okay, so, definitely not a good choice for makeup removing, but I do really like it as a follow-up cleanser after I use my oil cleanser (and, when used in that capacity, I can get away with a much smaller amount). It's really, really mild, and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple––there's absolutely no dryness or residue. If you don't wear much makeup (or double-cleanse like me) and have sensitive and/or dry skin and don't mind the sticker-shock, Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is worth checking out. For me, the results just aren't worth the higher price, and I'm really not crazy about the smell (it's unscented but for the ingredients, which together make it smell herbally dirty, if that makes sense). I am glad I got to try it, though!
$15 for 1.7 oz, $38 for 5.1 oz, available from Sephora

Have you tried Fresh Soy Face Cleanser? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...