Thursday, January 26, 2012

Orly Nail Polish in Au Champagne (from the Holiday Soiree Collection) Review and Swatches

This polish came out for the holiday season, but it's still available online and may be floating around in some stores, so I figured I might as well post it. I got it on sale at Sally's after Christmas and wore it as part of my NYE mani. I finally got around to taking pictures of it by itself, and now have this lovely review to share with y'all.
Orly Au Champagne
It's shimmery but not sparkly, and works really well for layering with sheer duochromes. The great thing about light polishes, especially white ones, is that you don't notice tipwear nearly as much, so you can get away with wearing it for longer.
2 coats Orly Au Champagne, no topcoat

The formula is a good consistency, neither thick nor thin, but the brush is quite long, so I definitely recommend letting the polish run back into the bottle for awhile so you don't get too much on your nails (as I did the first time I wore it, and had problems with bubbling because of it). It is a little sheer, as to be expected from a light polish like this, but after 2 coats it's not streaky, and after 3 it's completely opaque. The pictures below are with 2 coats, since I then added a couple of coats of a white duochrome. It dries semi-matte, which is definitely unusual, but if you prefer a shiny finish, just slap on some topcoat. Overall, I think it's a great shimmery white, and I'm very glad to have it in my collection!

Overview
~$5 for 0.60 oz, available from some etailers (like Drugstore.com)

Quality: 8.75
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 4.75
Duration: 5
Consistency: 4.75
Price: 4
Value: 5 (0.60 is 20% larger than the biggest "normal" size polish)
Grade: A


What do you think of Au Champagne? Do you have a favorite white polish?
PS: Have you voted in the blog poll? Upper right!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...