Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick Update

I'm sorry for the paucity of posts lately, lovelies. I got really sick the day I was flying home from DC (and let me tell you, flying is annoying under the best of circumstances, but it's mind-bogglingly miserable when sick) and went to the doctor yesterday to get tested for strep throat and mono. Fortunately it's only strep, but it took most of the day to get the drugs, so I'm still feeling pretty crappy today. I hope to be back to near-normal tomorrow, though, and be in tip-top shape for the start of the new term on Monday! The saddest part of being sick (besides how effing terrible I feel) is that I wasn't able to go to the LSA conference. Most epic of sadfaces :-( Painful not just because there were a bunch of presentations I wanted to see (an entire 3-hour panel dedicated to vowel harmony!! I die), but also because it was so nearby (only up in Portland, a couple of hours' trip away) and I already paid the registration fee (goodbye, $70, I miss you). There will never again be a conference so easily accessible for me, so of course I had to get sick and not be able to go.

Anyways. Enough whining! I'm glad to be home so my mommy and grandparents can take care of me, and happy to be starting a new term soon (learning is fun!). I've spent a lot of time the past few days browsing online to see what other post-breakup purchases I can convince myself into making, and I've got a lot of Wanted! posts to write up, and will hopefully soon have some new products to review (and a giveaway is in the works, so keep posted for that!). For now, though, there's not a whole lot I have to offer, for which I apologize. I hope you've had a great start to the new year, and I would love to hear what's new and exciting for you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...