Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Days: Day 9

Well, I guess one of these posts every 6 weeks or so means I'll be done with this series in...another 3 years, ok. I should probably step up the pace if I actually want to have any hope of finishing it! (If you're not familiar with the series, see my original post here, though I'm not following Magi-Mania's prompts too strictly!).

Show us your (powder) eyeshadow collection!
I wear glasses and am effectively blind when applying eye makeup, so I tend to rely on neutral staples when I wear eyeshadow. As such, my collection is pretty boring by most bloggers' standards, but it serves my purposes very well! I sometimes think I should cut down on it, because I just don't wear eyeshadow that often, but I like them all...
Clockwise from left:
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Collection: This was my first high-end eyeshadow purchase, and is still one of my favorites! I particularly love Silk Teddy (left column, middle row) as a nice easy all-over highlighter and the matte shades for a foolproof subtle eye.

Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette: A lovely mix of shimmery neutrals and a great palette for travel.

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Iced Latte and Bronzed Taupe: These unfortunately crease on me, so I don't wear them all that often, but the colors are gorgeous and the shimmer to die for. 

Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette: A great quality palette with a lovely selection of colors; if I didn't have so many other (more expensive) eyeshadows, I could get by with just this all the time. I've considered giving it away, but I've kept it for the greens, because I don't want my collection to be completely devoid of color! An excellent starter palette.

Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian: HG taupe. Probably 2/3 of the time I wear eyeshadow, I include this. So versatile, so pretty, and what a gorgeous formula.

MAC Antiqued: My graduation present from Z! This shadow works awesomely with my Sonia Kashuk crease brush to define the crease (shocking!) when I'm going for a warmer look. I didn't give it a great grade when I reviewed it, but after finding the right brush, I really like it much better.

MAC Dalliance: One of my post-breakup purchases, I found this in a makeup outlet store at a random mall outside DC. A lovely pewter, no longer available. It wears well over primer, but creases and fades on its own, and I find it applies best with a dense natural hair brush.


And, because I forgot to include this palette when I took the other picture, my theBalm shadows!
Mary-Lou Manizer: I pretty much just use this as a highlighter, on the rare occasions that I decide my skin needs to look shinier, but it also makes a nice inner-eye highlight.

Insane Jane: A nice grey taupe. The formula isn't as soft as I would like, but the color's nice, and it was my go-to taupe before I got Corinthian.

Jealous Jordana: I've worn this maybe twice. It's too dark for my taste, and a little too hard so it's difficult to get it to blend. It does make a nice eyeliner, though, when I summon up the energy to apply powder eyeliner (almost never).

I'll do another post on non-powder eyeshadows (creams and pencils, I guess) in a future 30 Days post, so you can look forward to that...sometime in the next year. How does your eyeshadow stash compare?  What do you think of my collection?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...