Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Summary

Hello, lovelies. I hope you've had a pleasant weekend! As usual, I spent mine doing work, though this weekend focused on recording and synthesizing some stimuli for an experiment I'm running, so I spent a lot of time in the lab. Such will be my life for the next few weeks! That, and grading 80 midterms and dialect projects. Lovely. On the upside, at least it's sunny! Though that really just makes being cooped up in a sound booth even more frustrating, ha!

Out in a Pout wrote a great post on parabens and how important it is to be aware of the scientific research and not just succumb to the marketing hype. Very well written and insightful!

Nails and Noms has some swatches of Nerd Lacquer polishes, which I am still coveting. Now I want Cold and Calculating and Event Horizon, sigh.

Lucy's Stash always posts the most awesome nail art manis, and the ones that I found particularly enchanting include a tape manicure, thin draggy mani (no idea what to call the style, but it's super awesome), and two gradient manicures. Some people are so talented!

Pink Sith has the low-down on the new sunscreen regulations. Very informative!

Delicate Hummingbird's review of YSL's Glossy Stain 15 has furthered my resolve to add one to my collection. I so wish there were someplace nearby to swatch!

Now Smell This, Perfume Posse, Grain de Musc, Bois de Jasmin, and Perfume Smellin' Things have posted their Top 10 of Spring 2012. Read it, and then go back in the archives and read all their other Top 10 lists, though only if you want to add a bunch to your "need to sniff" list.

And lastly, xkcd discusses the importance of periodically clearing one's browsing history. Right now, mine's got a lot on volcanoes, earthquakes, Stonehenge, prehistoric societies, genetics, and perfume ingredients. Not necessarily viewed in that order.

What links have you enjoyed this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...