Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Hair Routine: Suave Color Protection Shampoo and Captivating Curls Conditioner Reviews

I've been working on a big post summarizing my beauty collection (arsenal?), and while linking to the reviews I've done, I realized I've never actually written a post on my shampoo and conditioner! (The only other styling product I use is Suave Captivating Curls Mousse, which I reviewed here.)
images via Suave

I have fine, curly hair that I dye sporadically (and I will do a post on home hair dyes at some point). In an attempt to make up for the infrequency of coloring, I use a shampoo supposedly designed for color-treated hair, Suave's Color Protection Shampoo, and a conditioner for curly hair, Suave's Captivating Curls Conditioner. I tried them because they're less than $3, and have bought them repeatedly because they work.

While I don't know if the shampoo actually prolongs time between dyes, I figure it probably doesn't hurt! I like it because it's super foamy, so I don't need very much to get a full head of lather, and I really like getting my hair super-clean. Yeah, yeah, no 'poo is the way to go, whatever, my hair's crazy oily and I'm not willing to go through the waiting period to see if it will balance itself out. A bottle of the shampoo lasts me 3+ months.

The conditioner is wonderful for my hair because it's hydrating but not heavy, so it gets rid of all my tangles without weighing my hair down. I need to use quite a bit, but that's true of pretty much any conditioner (Aussie 3 Minute Miracle excluded), but it's so flippin' cheap that I don't mind. A bottle lasts me about a month and a half.

My hair's really nice and low maintenance, which helps make up for how incredibly not nice and low maintenance my skin is. I wrap my hair in a towel after showering, making sure not to rub it, just pressing to get the water out, then rub the mousse through and scrunch it dry with a microfiber towel, to help cut down on frizz. Altogether, it takes me about 30 seconds. I just let it air dry, and voila! Curly hair. Depending on the weather, my hair will behave itself or not, but on the days it decides to be limp and annoying, I just pull it back in a ponytail. I own a straightener, but I honestly can't remember the last time I used it. I am very laidback in my attitude towards my hair, and quite happy with it that way!

What's your hair routine? What products do you love? Do you use styling aids?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...