Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Summary

Happy Sunday, lovelies! It's been awhile since I've done one of these, but with the long weekend I feel like I have a bit more breathing room work-wise (rightly or not, ha!) so I actually feel like I have the time! I went winetasting with my mother today; it was sadly overcast, but not too cold, and it didn't rain, so all in all a weather semi-win. We went to Sarven Winery and did their flight and got cheese and bread to go with it; I neglected to take a picture until I had already decimated quite a lot of the cheese, but here it is:
Olives, apple, and manchego cheese

Still-warm baguette, yum

The view from the winery is gorgeous, even on a cloudy day, and I hope to go back when it's nice out so I can see it sunny!
Ooh la la


Now, on to the linkies!

Scrangie has swatches of the new Illamasqua collection's polishes, Naked Strangers. I love the green foil!

Nails and Noms, Scrangie, and Fashion Polish have swatches of the upcoming LE RBL collection, Georgia on my Mind. Really beautiful shades, and very appropriate for the theme (Georgia O'Keefe).


The Polished Perfectionist layers China Glaze Gussied Up Green and HITS Speciallità Hera, to truly stunning results. I don't have either of those polishes, but now I really wish I did...

The Swatchaholic explains the differences between gradient, ombre, and skittle manis. Very helpful!


Messy Wands just confirms that I need Bite Pomegranate in my life, even though I almost never wear red lipstick (especially this time of year!). It's just so gorgeous.

Nouveau Cheap
 has the deets on the new Target beauty bag. I snagged mine; have you gotten yours yet?

KarlaSugar reswatches the new Rouge d'Armani Sheers, this time in sunlight. I can now say with surety that Plum 600 is going to be added to my life sooner rather than later (possible end-of-year celebration purchase?).

I Smell Therefore I Am has an interesting post on elitism in perfume reviewing. A worthy read!

The Scents of Self is trying to bring back Scent Twins (and their counterpart, Evil Scent Twins). I've yet to find mine, but I'll keep looking!

Bois de Jasmin has a lovely review of Estee Laude Azuree, which I (oh so briefly) touched on in my most recent FF post. Turns out, I need my chypres to come with corresponding fruitiness or floralcy, but if you like dry perfumes, you should definitely read her review and try Azuree!

What links have you been loving this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...