Monday, May 14, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Pure Color Eyeshadow in Corinthian Review and Swatches

After having seen review after review extolling the virtues of this shadow, I knew I needed to buy it for myself, so it was one of the few items I picked up in New York. But seriously, how was I supposed to restrain myself in the face of this:
It's TAUPE!

And AWESOME!

Y'all probably know by now my fondness for taupe, and even if you don't share it, you must admit, this is a mighty fine taupe specimen. It's quite a chameleon; on me, it usually pulls cool (more grey/purple than brown), but sometimes it looks warmer and browner, and I've seen it run quite the gamut on other people.
Swatched over TFSI (top) and bare skin (bottom); see how it looks browner there?
LMdB eyeshadows are supposed to be extremely silky, smooth, long-wearing, and vibrant, and Corinthian certainly lives up to those claims. It doesn't wear all day on me by itself, but nothing does, and over primer it lasts flawlessly. I can wear it as a wash if I just apply one layer, or build it up to more intensity for a "full eye" (a rather rare occurrence in my life, but it happens sometimes!). I also find it works really well in the crease to subtly define; I wore it with L'Oreal Iced Latte and it was a lovely glowy look.
And here, it's much cooler! Corinthian on the lid, Too Faced Silk Teddy as a highlight

It's much cooler and less brown than Bad to the Bronze or Bronzed Taupe, so I didn't even both comparison swatching them, but here it is next to NYX Iced Mocha and theBalm Insane Jane; it's cooler and redder than the former, and warmer and redder than the latter. It is also the most pigmented of the three, and I find on my neutral-cool skin, it is the most flattering (though again, I've seen it on a wide range of skintones, so that may speak more to its flexibility than any inherent cool toned-ness).
Left to right: NYX Iced Mocha, LMdB Corinthian, theBalm Insane Jane

The compact it comes in is round and flat, very nice for storage, and quite large; it includes a mirror, which is plenty large enough to actually be helpful for application, should you find yourself without other reflective surfaces.
Hello, right hand!

It also comes with an obscene amount of product, 0.13 oz. Even if it's the only eyeshadow you use, it will last a long, long time, and I doubt I'll hit pan for years, if ever! It's also cheaper by ounce than MAC, Urban Decay, and other high-end eyeshadows, and if there's a color you love, it's definitely worth the splurge!

Overview
$30 for 0.13 oz, available from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman

Quality: 10
Effectiveness: 4.5
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 1.5
Value: 5
Packaging: +0.25
Grade: A


What do you think of Corinthian? Have you tried any LMdB eyeshadows?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...