Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Subtle FOTD

I like to play with makeup on the weekend, when I have time to do fun things. Recently, I decided to try a smoky eye in couches de couleurs style (see Messy Wands for what it's all about!). It didn't end up quite as well as I'd hoped, but I had fun with it!
Look Breakdown
Face
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation in Shell
Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Pink Porcelain 1
Kryolan Anti-Shine powder
Annabelle Rosewood

Eyes
Lorac Behind the Scenes primer
Inglot 352
Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian
theBalm Insane Jane
Make Up Academy Undressed palette, bottom shade second from right
Inglot 391
Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in 25 Ash Brown
Maybelline Full N Soft Very Black

Lips
Guerlain Chamade


To achieve the eye, I applied Lorac Behind the Scenes primer all over both lids, then applied Inglot 352 all over to even my lids. I brushed Corinthian from slightly above the crease to the lashline, then applied Insane Jane from lashline to crease. I patted on Undressed's shimmery grey over Insane Jane, then patted on Inglot 391 along the upper lashline and lined with it on the lower. Curl with Shiseido's lash curler, add a coat of Full N Soft, and call it good. I wasn't completely thrilled with the end result, as I felt like Corinthian was a bit out of place and the others ended up a little muddied, with the black not being as strong as I wanted, but still, for my first ever attempt at couches de couleurs, I'd say it's not too bad! Someday I'll try and do an actual full black-based smoky eye, whoa...

And one last shot (that shows I should have lined my lower lashline more, ha):
Have you tried couches de couleurs? How do you feel about smoky eyes? What's your favorite technique?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...