Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tag! You're It

The wonderful Larie tagged me to do this little survey, and of course, I obliged :) (And not just because it's a post that doesn't require photos, though that is definitely a bonus, ha!) Without further ado, here are my answers to the questions she posed:

1. Favorite lipstick of all time. (Or just right now. I know we're fickle.)
Oh dear, this is hard. I might say Shiseido Nymph, though I feel like that might not be true...I like them all, okay? It depends on my mood. And what else I'm wearing. Right now, I guess I could go for Dior Rouge Favori, but that could change. So I'm going to go to the next question before it does.

2. What album/band/song have you been listening to lately?
Florence and the Machine! I don't actually tend to listen to music all that often; I really should, but I like being familiar with the music I'm listening to (I don't know why, maybe some kind of novelty anxiety) and singing along, so it can be challenging to get myself to listen to new things. I know I should! And I know I would enjoy hearing new ones, I just...stress about it. If you have any recommendations for artists you particularly love, let me know and I'll check them out!

3. If you found just $10 in your pocket right now, what would you spend it on?
Food! That's where all my cash goes (in fact, I don't even bother keeping track of cash purchases, I just tag any ATM withdrawals with "Food and Dining" on Mint, and spend it as occasion arises). Right now, I could go for some Indian. Mmm, curry.

4. Last book you really enjoyed?
I have next to no time for reading, because I spend so much of my life reading articles and doing problem sets and running subjects and (very occasionally, lolz) blogging, so the only time I read is right before bed. I alternate between reading English books (the last few have been recommended by the boy) and Harry Potter in German, in a probably futile attempt to not lose all my knowledge of the language. Right now, I'm on Harry Potter und der Gefangene von Askaban (Prisoner of Azkaban), which is enjoyable because it's been yeeeears since I've read the book in English, so there's all sorts of things I'm rediscovering! The last English book was Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, and I liked it a lot, too––a strange combination of Jane Austenian prose and decorous minutia with magic and fairies.

5. Favorite healthy snack?
I love cucumbers. And cheese and salami (is that healthy?). And fresh bread! And fresh cherries, oh man I can't wait for cherry season.

6. Favorite not healthy snack? (Can you tell I'm hungry right now?)
I am also hungry right now! Probably either grilled cheese (nommy, though it requires a lot of lactase) or Pizza Rolls, because I am secretly a 12 year old boy.

7. Favorite body lotion?
I like the Moisturizing Cream from Trader Joe's, as well as the body ganache from Solstice Scents and pumpkin butter from Haus of Gloi. (Those are all kind of weird, non-mainstream options, so: Gold Bond Aloe is also great!)

8. Favorite children's movie?
I feel like all of my favorite movies are for children, ha! The Lion King is a long-time favorite (when I was 5, it was the only movie I would rent when we went to the video store––my obsessive tendencies started early, you can tell!), but I also love Mulan and Finding Nemo (I so wanted to see it in 3D when it came out last fall, but couldn't find the time before it left theaters, sob).

9. Mac or PC? :D
Mac. Though my recent experience with Mountain Lion has not endeared me to the brand. I hated that OS so much I went to the trouble of re-installing good ol' Snow Leopard. But I know how Macs work, and I just hope they improve the OS in the future...

10. Last item you returned?
Hair dye! L'Oreal Excellence Cream in 5AB Mocha Ash Brown, to be precise. I'd bought two boxes when it was on sale, used one, and was utterly unimpressed with the shade (not nearly dark enough, and really red undertones, not the ash I was promised) and strength (left it on for 45 minutes, and some of the greys were still visible!). So I returned the second and used the money to buy a box of L'Oreal Superior Preference in a similar shade (Medium Ash Brown) because it was on sale last week. Here's hoping it works out better, or else L'Oreal is dead to me.

11. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee! I'm particularly fond of Haagen-Dazs's, very creamy.

Now, 11 questions for you!
1. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
2. Last piece of clothing you bought?
3. Favorite base and top coat?
4. Where do you most want to travel (right now)?
5. Flowers or herbs?
6. Dark or milk chocolate?
7. Oldest pair of shoes that still fit?
8. Current beauty lemming?
9. Do you know any languages besides English?
10. Scented products besides perfume: yea or nay?
11. Have you ever been in a helicopter?

I tag all of you! Answer in the comments or on your own blog––I'd love to hear your answers :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...