Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fun with Eyeshadow

The boy has a thing for colorful eyeshadow, which is nice, because I do, too! As today is his birthday, I figured it was a good time to share some of the more exciting eye looks I've done recently. As mentioned before, weekends are, for me, eyeshadow funtimes. I have the time to do colorful looks, and don't need to worry about looking semi-professional for teaching (of course, a quick look at my Manicure Mondays shows that the appearance of professionalism is not foremost on my mind, ha!). But color is fun! Even if it mostly gets lost behind my glasses, sigh.

Look 1: Blue Smoky
I wanted to do a smoky eye, but wasn't ready to take the plunge into black-based smokiness, so I decided to do something colorful instead!


Inglot 428 on lid––initially brushed on, then patted on additional layers for added vibrancy
theBalm Insane Jane brushed above crease to soften edge of 428
Inglot 439 patted along crease between 428 and Insane Jane
Tarina Tarantino Fantastical light beige applied above crease to browbone to blend and add luminosity
Inglot 415 lightly patted on inner third of lid
Inglot 439 along lower lashline
Maybelline Full N Soft mascara (bottom pic only)


Look 2: Taupe R Us
Another attempt at couches de couleurs, this time trying to strictly follow the LMdB philosophy, with a brightening nude (Tarina Tarantino Fantastical light beige) all over, a blush-toned shade on the lid (Annabelle Rosewood blush, which is pigmented enough to work really well as an eyeshadow!), a "focus" shade (what the look will become) on top of the blush (Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian), and a dark shade to give depth (Inglot 391 along lashline, theBalm Insane Jane pressed into outer crease). Maybelline Full N Soft mascara finished the look off. I thought it turned out pretty well, though it was frankly more effort than I'd like for such a neutral look; in the future, I plan to skip the blush shade and see if it makes any difference in the final look.

look at those lashes! what the heckkk


Look 3: Glowing Green
I have a bunch of stuff that I'm donating to the local Womenspace, but before I gave it away I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything in there I would regret getting rid of. The only one that gave me pause was Wet N Wild's Comfort Zone palette, in part because Liz gave it such high praise, so I decided to give it another shot. I'm really glad I did, because it resulted in one of my favorite EOTDs in recent memory!
sorry for the blurriness, but it shows the color the best

oversaturated, but in focus! my photography skills are a work in progress.

Lorac Behind the Scenes eyeshadow primer
WNW Comfort Zone left eyelid shade from lashline to crease and on inner 1/3 of lower lashline
WNW CZ right crease shade pressed into the outer corner (this shadow is really firm, but I actually ended up liking it a lot, because it meant less blending since I could layer it slowly to desired intensity)
WNW CZ right eyelid shade patted onto center of lid and on outer 2/3 of lower lashline
Maybelline Full N Soft mascara

Do you like playing with eyeshadow? Which look is your favorite? And, of course,

Happy birthday, grapes!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...