Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Lippies Experiment: FOTDs

I've been making some progress in wearing all my lippies this month. Here's the looks I've done the past week-plus! Only...a lot of lippies left.

Tuesday:

I started with Tarte LipSurgence in Glitzy, the only LipSurgence left in my collection. I'd held on to it because I didn't have anything else like it––it's a beigey pink base with gold glitter––but it's also a shade I definitely have to work around to not have it clash on my face. I wore Maybelline Barely Beige, L'Oreal Iced Latte, and L'Oreal Bronzed Taupe on my eyes and NYX Marbella blush on my cheeks, and I quite liked the warmer-but-still-natural look. Unfortunately, the LipSurgence cap cracked sometime during the day, and that, coupled with the gritty feeling (and the fact that it's not actually all that different looking on than Le Métier Purple Haze) has led me to put it in the discard pile.

Wednesday: L'Oreal Le Balm in Plush Plum. Meh. Mildly moisturizing, flattering color, but somewhat grainy from the glitter, and pretty crappy longevity. I don't dislike it enough to put it in the discard pile, but I don't see myself finishing it (so it'll probably end up in the trash in a few months!).

Thursday: Le Métier Purple Haze, because I'd done my eyes first with purples. Lovely stuff.

Friday: I teach at 8 am on Fridays, so I was up at 6:15, and let me tell you, I was not happy about it. I didn't wear any eyeshadow and was too lazy to try anything exciting, so I just wore Sugar Plum. I also wore MAC Subtle Breeze blush, a gift from Larie, and the prospect of getting to wear it is pretty much what got me out of bed. I took a picture after getting home at 6:30 (with no nap! y'all, my CFS was none too pleased), and while my face was somewhat shiny, the blush was still going strong!
This is all the enthusiasm I could summon up. 

Saturday:
What're you looking at...
I knew I wanted to wear Subtle Breeze again, and decided to pair that with several shadows from the Too Faced Natural Eye palette––Heaven all over the lid, Silk Teddy between lashline and crease, Push Up above the crease, and Erotica in the crease and outer corner. I initially finished it off with Shiseido Nymph, which is what I'm wearing in the picture, but decided it was a bit too much with the full eyes so I wore Fresh Sugar Rosé after Nymph wore off.

Sunday: I...don't remember. It wasn't consistent––I started with one thing and then switched to another (or two). Oh well.

MondayLipstick Queen Cosmos! Though I did wear Sugar Plum in the later afternoon because I didn't feel like wiping off my lips and reapplying the gloss, which inspired me to actually clean out my purse and wallet so that I only have the lippie I'm planning to wear that day on my person.

Tuesday:

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in 600, because I was wearing a shirt in a similar color. I wore it as a stain, rubbed in with my finger, because I didn't feel like dealing with maintaining full coverage lipstick. MAC Subtle Breeze, Inglot 352, and Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian finished off the look.

So far, there's been 1 reject, 1 meh, and 4 keepers. Which ones are your favorite?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...