Monday, October 15, 2012

Manicure Monday

More manicures! This is going to be brief, again, because I have a bunch of quizzes to grade and a sure-to-be-confusing syntax article to read (the life of a grad student is just an endless party, y'all).

OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest
I caved and bought this when I spotted it in New York. Yes, I hate OPI's terrible punny names, but the color is SO GORGEOUS. And after using it, I have to say the OPI formula (okay, based on a sample size of 1, so take it with a grain of salt) is fantastic. I will be paying more attention to their other collections now! And I will be wearing this polish all the freaking time.

Orly Beverly Hills Manicure
I bought this ages ago for a "my nails but better" look, which is pretty much exactly what it gives! You're supposed to paint it over French white tips, but I just paint it over my nail treatment. It gives a nice pink tint which helps mitigate the sometimes-purpley tinge my nails take on, and it's very glossy (though I did wear it with top coat this time because I didn't want to wait for it to dry). It's pretty and basic and I like it.

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Blush Diamond, Peach Version
Managed to wear one last holo before the rains arrived! (Though according to the forecast, we may get sun sometime this week––though let's not go getting our hopes up, folks.) Blush Diamond comes in two variations, a true pink, which I showed last week, and a peach, shown below. The peach version is a nice nude-ish color on me, but more awesome because, hello, holo. Sheer––I needed three coats––and prone to tipwear/chipping, but goldarn ain't it purty.

Sinful Colors Precious Metal
Saw this in a display at Walgreens and snatched it up, because I don't have any slate blues like it, and foils are awesome. It's pretty sheer (again, 3 coats), and not as fast-drying as other foils (hence the dent on my index finger, not to mention the huge one on my right thumb), but for less than $2 and with the fantabulous shimmery-foily finish, I can't complain :)


What polishes have you been wearing lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...