Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Nude Lip for the Cool and Fair: Le Métier de Beauté Lip Crème in Purple Haze Review and Swatches

I love my LMdB Fraise Crème lip crème, but it's quite bold and the gold shimmer requires decidedly warm accompanying makeup so I don't wear it all that often (also, it was a gift from L so I don't want to use it up too fast!). But I love the lip crème formula, with its creamy texture, long-lasting color, and nice moisture, so when I received some money for my birthday, I decided I needed to pick up another in a more neutral shade. After much internal debate and googling, I settled on the limited edition from last fall (though still available online) Neiman Marcus exclusive shade, Purple Haze.

In the tube, Purple Haze is a shimmery cool mauve pink, and it swatches on my arm similarly.
Single swipe on my arm, pretty shimmers!
It's basically the same color as my lips, albeit shimmery and slightly lighter and pinker, and when worn it achieves, for me, that always-elusive "nude lip" look.
In sunlight
Traditional nudes don't work on me, as they make me look corpselike and sickly (which I am, but for heaven's sake I don't want to look it!), but this is pink enough to keep from veering into zombie territory yet still light enough to fulfill the same "nude" look. It's more evident in full-face pictures than it is in this lip swatch, so I will try to get one up soon (my skin has been freaking the frack out, so I've not been wanting to take FOTD shots)!

Different day, same lippie
Purple Haze has the same scent as Fraise Crème, like sweet crème brûlée, but it fades pretty quickly, though I'm quite fond of it. It stays creamy and glossy for upwards of an hour, and the color and shimmer remain for another after that. The effect is more similar to a liquid lipstick than a lip gloss, as the loss of shine doesn't mean the loss of color or evenly shimmery finish, not to mention the wear is more in line with a liquid lipstick than a lip gloss. Like Fraise Crème, Purple Haze keeps my lips happy and moisturized for hours after it wears off. Yes, it's painfully expensive, but every girl needs a good nude, and there's no shame in splurging for one's birthday, no? It also works well mixed with Fraise Crème to make it lighter and less dramatic, and I will try to post some swatches of that soon!

Overview
$36 for 0.22 oz, available from Neiman Marcus

Quality: 9.5
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5 (semi-opaque, adds noticeable color)
Duration: 4.5
Consistency: 5
Price: 0.5
Value: 4.5 (one swipe is enough, and it lasts 2+ hours, which helps ease the pain somewhat)
Packaging: +0.5
Grade: B+

What do you think of Purple Haze? What's your favorite nude lippie?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...