Monday, August 6, 2012

NYX Bronzer and Blusher in Marbella Review and Swatches

I'm going on 2 weeks of this goddamned stupid horrible plague (finally started antibiotics, though, so fingers crossed I feel a bajillion times better by class on Tuesday) and I do not feel like being smart or witty or coherent. But I do want to share swatches with you, so here's a super lazy and incompetent post. Enjoy?

Marbella is equal parts shimmery warm light-medium brown bronzer and satin light warm pink blush. 
Blush (left) and bronzer (right), applied heavily
Each side is large enough to be used by itself, though I find my fluffy Real Techniques blush brush is a bit too big to be functional so I've been using my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush instead; if you're darker than Casper, you could also mix the two for a nice bronzey pink. The top of the bronzer is much more matte than the underlying layer, which is weird, but none of it is really overly shimmery. I wear the blush more often than the bronzer, because I am ghostly pale and usually have to blend a lot to make bronzer look natural, but when I felt like doing a "girl next door" (wasn't quite successful, as I don't have straight blonde hair and look terrible in nude lips) look, I applied it in a 3-shape and it gave me a nice glow. For a FOTD featuring these, see here.

Overall? I like it. It's a great color combination for fair to light-medium skintones, the texture is nice, it lasts all day, and it's handy for travel. 

Overview
$9.00, available from NYX (comes in 4 other shades as well, some of which are available from Ulta)

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 4.5
Consistency: 4.5
Price: 4 (you do get a blush and bronzer, after all)
Value: 4.5
Packaging: +0.5 (great mirror)
Grade: A-

What do you think of Marbella?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...