Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sort of Skincare Saturday: Bliss Fabulips and High Intensity Hand Cream Reviews and Pictures

This Bliss Santa's Little Helpers set came out for this past holiday season; Neiman Marcus still had it in stock online when I ordered my Deborah Lippmann polish, and I figured it was worth getting to check out, since I'd heard good things about the balm, and I'm always happy to try new hand cream! The set was $11 and had 1 oz of the hand cream and a full size Fabulips. The hand cream is $8 for 1 oz ($18 for 2.5 oz), and the Fabulips balm is $16, so I got a big discount, which makes me feel somewhat better about my mixed results with the products.

$16 for 0.11 oz, available from Sephora and Neiman Marcus, among others
I'd hoped that Fabulips would be a nice, effective lip balm, and I'd read all sorts of good things about it online. It's been described as "liquefying" upon application, and I definitely find that to be true; while it's a solid stick in the tube, once it hits the lips it just glides on like melted butter. Very weird. It smells pleasant, like orange and vanilla, and has no discernible taste, and it doesn't leave a weird white film behind. Unfortunately, it is a complete fail for me in terms of effectiveness. While the liquidy feeling is great at first, it never actually absorbs into my lips, and instead just floats on the surface like a film of product. No matter how much I rub my lips together, it stays stubbornly unabsorbed. It also wears off in 15 minutes, even when I make a conscious effort not to rub away (though the slightly suffocating feeling makes that a temptation I really have to fight!), and leaves my lips feeling just as dry, though smoother and tighter, than before application. So, score one for eradicating crepe-y wrinkly dry lips, but huge penalty (sports metaphors? what am I doing?) for making my lips tight and uncomfortable. Alas! I'm going to try and pass it on to a friend, since based on reviews, it does work really well for some people, and I hate to see it go to waste!

$8 for 1 oz, $18 for 2.5 oz, available from Sephora and Neiman Marcus, among others
The High Intensity Hand Cream worked much better for me. It has a similar orangey scent, and it's nicely moisturizing, though it does take awhile to soak in, so I don't advise keeping it by your computer! I've been carrying it around in my bag and applying it during class when I'm bored.

Have you tried either of these products? Anything else from Bliss? What did you think? Also, have you entered the giveaway yet?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...