Friday, March 9, 2012

Fragrance Friday: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude and Armani Code

Oh hey there, Fragrance Friday, what's up? I recently placed an order with The Perfumed Court (their sample sets are unbelievable; I suggest not checking them out until you've got a few hours to waste) and thought that I should try and review some of my current perfume samples to make way for the 10 I've got coming. Today's features: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude and Armani Code.

Image via Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude is a "skin" scent. It's soft, musky, slightly sweet, and subtle. It kind of reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez For Her, in that they both have a pleasant, muted muskiness tempered by sweetness, but where For Her showcases rose, Sensuous Nude displays coconut and mild floral fruitiness (bergamot, jasmine, pepper, and sandalwood are some of the notes). It's not the most interesting or unique scent, but I do find it appealing, and I think it'll be especially wonderful in summer.
$50 for 1 oz, $65 for 1.7 oz, $90 for 3.4 oz, available from department stores and Estee Lauder

Image via Sephora
Armani Code Pour Femme is one of the perfumes I actually have a full bottle of, not just a sample. It's a nice perfume for winter and evening, as it's got a pretty strong woodsy vanilla base, but the bright citrusy notes keep it from being too heavy. It's also not terribly complex, and it doesn't change much over the course of wear, but its darkly citrus notes and not inconsiderable sillage make it a scent that always makes me feel sexier. I also like that it doesn't pull too too sweet on me, as many perfumes do. I don't think it's special enough to warrant a repurchase (and I wouldn't buy a full bottle now, unlike then), but it's nice to have nonetheless. (This opinion reveals me to not be a perfumista, haha! I'm learning, though, or at least trying to!)
$39.50 for 1 oz, $65 for 1.7 oz, $78 for 2.5 oz, available from Sephora and department stores
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...