Friday, March 2, 2012

Fyrinnae Swatches, Part I

Welp, I finally got around to swatching all of the Fyrinnae samples from my order. I'm sorry it took so long! I had some issues figuring out how to best get Pixie Epoxy to work (more on that in a bit), and I had to get enough work done to feel like I had the time to slather my arm in pigments. But the long-awaited day has finally arrived! Confetti! Cheers! Alcohol!
Left to right: Nijiro, Rapunzel Had Extensions, Platinum, Koala, Arcane Magic Evocation, Arcane Magic Sorceress, Arcane Magic Raven's Prophecy

I've decided to break the shadows into at least two posts (considering a third on Pixie Epoxy), so this first batch is the non-Arcane Magic shadows, aka the first 4 from the left in the picture above.

Nijiro is described by Fyrinnae as "ivory with rainbow sparkle", which is just what it looks like in real life. I could not get the sparkle to show up on my camera, darnit, but I assure you, it is there!
Nijiro











Rapunzel Had Extensions, "pale pink with a stunning brilliant light gold highlight," is one of Fyrinnae's top sellers. It's a beautiful tropical melon color, very warm and cheerful. I haven't tried wearing it on my lids, since I'm pretty sure it would make me look jaundiced, but it's a really gorgeous color and I think it would look amazing on darker, warmer skin.
Rapunzel Had Extensions
Platinum, "not silver, not gold, but somewhere in between, with more depth and the slightest hint of pink," is as "very sparkly" as they advertised. It's quite metallic when applied over Pixie Epoxy or wet, and it's a very versatile color. I think this would look good on just about anyone!
Platinum

Koala, a "medium rosy taupe," has a satin finish, so it's the least shimmery out of all of these, though applying it over Pixie Epoxy certainly ups its wattage somewhat. It's really beautiful, and I just wish it were a smidge lighter, because as it is it's just a little too dark for me to wear as a wash on my lid, but it would work wonderfully in the crease. Besides, it's TAUPE! I love taupe! Especially cool taupes like this one.
Koala
So what do you think? Which do you like best? Any ones I didn't get but should?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...