Monday, March 3, 2014

Manicure Monday

Wow, it's been forever since I've done one of these. Which is silly, because I've been wearing nail polish pretty much constantly! So this is pretty mondo, sorry.

The boy's birthday was the 7th, so I asked him how he'd like me to do my nails. He requested an ombre from turquoise to dark blue; turns out I have enough polishes matching that description to make all 10 nails different! I used 12 polishes, most of which I hadn't yet worn this year, so it made a nice dent in my new year's resolution :)
rawr
Pinky to thumb, left hand: Sally Hansen New Wave Blue topped with Finger Paints Art You Wondering?; Wet N Wild Caribbean Frost; Zoya Wednesday topped with Golden Rose 52; Color Club Blue Heaven; Zoya Yummy

I love the dimension of the FP one, and it looks lovely over the SH, so I'll keep it, even though I've had it for more than a year and this is the first time I've featured it on the blog...Caribbean Frost is remarkably pigmented!; I absolutely love the Wednesday + Golden Rose combo, and I eagerly await being able to wear it again (only, like, 60 polishes to go...); Blue Heaven is super pigmented and holo; and Yummy has nice pigmentation and is great for layering.

Thumb to pinky, right hand: Zoya Yummy topped with Maybelline Beaming Blue; Nails Inc. Baker Street; Wet N Wild Saved by the Blue; OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue!; Rescue Beauty Lounge Più Mosso

The formula on all of these was good, and none required more than 2 coats. I could have sworn I'd shown Yoga-Ta Get This Blue before, but as is becoming somewhat of a pattern, I was mistaken. It's beautiful, though! All these polishes will remain in my stash for the time being. Before this manicure, I would have said I'm not crazy about blue nail polish, but...I would have been wrong, I guess!

V-Day Mani #1: Wet N Wild Dreamy Poppy with Sinful Colors Pink Sparkle
I had planned to wear this on Valentine's Day, as it's pink! and pretty!, but then it got chippy and I got annoyed so I re-did them on the 13th with

V-Day Mani #2: Zoya Reva with Maybelline Ruby Refined
The base colors of these are very similar, and since Ruby Refined is a) a glitter and b) LE, I decided to conserve removal effort and polish both by layering it. It's so pretty! Why aren't all the Maybelline Brocades permanent?!?! BAH HUMBUG.

Sally Hansen Grey Area with NARS Disco Inferno

Grey Area is yet another polish I thought I'd talked about but haven't actually––I'm going to have to do a swatchy day to show all of these on their own, geesh. I picked up Disco Inferno when it was on sale at Sephora, so it cost me all of $4. It was not worth it. It's a sheer duochrome shifting from silvery green to silvery pink with little sparkles. It's pretty nice in the bottle, though rather more muted than I like my duochromes, but it's so sheer, and so slow-drying. I did two coats with fast-dry top coat, and yet, 2 hours later, my nails were still wet enough to become the bumpy gunky grossness they are in this picture. I wore it for all of one day, and it has gone into my give away pile. Grey Area's nice, though!

Sally Hansen Rosy Outlook with Cult Nails Charlatan
Rite-Aid had 40% off Sally Hansen a few weeks ago, so I picked up 4 of the Complete Salon Manicure polishes, since I like New Wave Blue (see first entry) so much, and I wanted some cremes to use in layering. Rosy Outlook is a pretty pink creme, opaque in two coats, and super glossy on its own. It looks awesome with Charlatan on top. I couldn't stop looking at my nails! I'm now inspired to purchase more duochrome sparkle topcoats in different colors. The possibilities are endless! (Sorry about the tipwear here; INM Out the Door isn't my favorite top coat, and I'd neglected to photograph until after a couple days.)

Sally Hansen Tickled Pink (/Tickle Me Pink) with Finger Paints Twisted
Another SH polish! This one looks way, way too neon and red, but...whatever. In real life it's a pigmented pink-red with a glossy finish; I did 2 coats but probably could have gotten away with 1. I layered Twisted on top, which is flakies of all sorts of colors, and it was pretty but it wasn't mind-blowing. I think I prefer flakies over dark shades.

I have also worn, not in actual order: Wet N Wild Under Your Spell, Sally Hansen Fire Opal (takes forever to dry, so it will be used only in nail polish jewelry), Zoya Miranda, Finger Paints Pop Rock Pink (oh dear, another I haven't posted about, though since it was LE last year, I guess it doesn't really matter), and OPI Tickle My France-y.

What do you think? What have you been wearing lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...