Thursday, June 7, 2012

Zoya Reva Review and Swatches

I was going to include this in my random polish spam post, but ended up deciding it was worth writing a full review of. This polish is awesome, y'all.
Zoya Reva
Reva is a cool red with duochrome gold-to-magenta foil (which I totally wasn't expecting, and which just goes to show why I love Zoya polishes!). It's so rich and glowy! 

Zoya Reva, though sadly you cannot see the duochromeness here
I did 3 coats, but 2 would have been sufficient had I been more careful with application. The formula's a little runny, and the foil makes cleanup annoying, since it just wants to stick to skin, but the result is so worth the minor hassle. The best part, though, was how well it wore: it lasted 5 days with very minor tipwear (like, basically perfect() before it chipped. Admittedly, the base and top coat I used helped (Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle as the base and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as the top), but Reva was an integral part of the success. Definitely worth checking out if you want a gorgeous red polish! Very holiday appropriate, but I had no problem wearing it in May. What can I say, I'm a rebel. Sure.

Overview
$8 for 0.50 oz, available from Zoya

Color: 9.25
Formula: 8.5
Brush & Bottle: 4.75
Pigmentation & Finish: 5
Price/Value: 4
Grade: A-

What do you think of Reva?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...