Monday, October 28, 2013

Manicure Monday

I've been having some digestive issues lately, which hasn't left me feeling particularly bloggy, but I have procured some new polishes––nothing quite like colorful sparkle fingertips to take away from stomach malaise, no? (Also, due to the discomfort and concomitant resurgence of CFS symptoms, I've been rather absent from the blogosphere, too, which I must apologize for! It's gotten to the point where I'm so far behind on commenting that the thought of trying to catch up gives me anxiety, so while I have been reading and loving y'all's posts, I may not ever write the comments to prove it. I'm sorry! Feel free to not comment on my posts for a few weeks...)

Nubar Iris Dust
This is actually about a year old, but I don't think I've ever shown it here. It's a super dramatic multichrome, shifting from a deep purple to a bright yellow. I wasn't able to capture all the shades, but the shots below capture how it looks most of the time.

It's a perfect fall polish, since it matches the glorious trees. It's very, very sheer, though, so I recommend layering it; I did two coats of Iris Dust over two coats of Wet N Wild Under Your Spell. I neglected to photograph it until a couple of days after applying, hence the tip wear, but I find the wear to be pretty typical. You can find it on eBay for ~$5, which is where I bought mine.

Maybelline Lavishly Lilac
I ventured into a Rite-Aid last week for the first time in months, and became enamored with the Maybelline LE Color Show Brocades collection. I picked up two, Lavishly Lilac and Ruby Refined, and then went back for a third (Beaming Blue). Lavishly Lilac is my favorite of the three, even though it's very sheer. You could probably get it opaque in 3 or 4 coats, but I chose to layer it over a coat of Cult Nails My Kind of Cool Aid, which is pretty much the same for . It's the most ridiculously complex, gorgeous shade. It has purple slightly holographic hexes, gold shimmer, and various shades of sparkle. My pictures don't capture it as well as I would have liked, but the bottles are more accurate than the nails. I absolutely love it. It's LE, so you may have to hunt around for it, but if you like sparkle or purple, it's worth the hunt. Seriously gorgeous.


Sally Hansen New Wave Blue
This one was part of Sally Hansen's Tracy Reese collection this fall, so it might be hard to snag now; I found it on sale at Target and couldn't resist after reading Liz's favorable review of the formula. It's pretty fantastic, very rich, plush, and opaque, though I still did 2 coats.
taken the day after applying,
pardon the tip wear
Being my glitter-loving self, though, I couldn't resist adding some complementary sparkles after a couple of days, so I sponged on Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. My pictures don't capture all the colors, but it looked very much like a mermaid's tail or, alternatively, blue fire. It was pretty awesome.

What do you think? Have you picked up any new pretty polishes lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...