Friday, March 28, 2014

Sephora Sale/Spring Wishlist

Sephora's 15% off sale is coming up sometime in the next few weeks, and I have a number of items I would like to pick up. I don't tend to gravitate towards spring collections, because I find pastels boring as fuck (I may be a little tipsy writing this––I got an A+ in my final required grad school class! SCORE! So I'm feeling pretty down with indulging in some wine before heading to dinner with my mother). I'm on a lippie kick, as you may have noticed, so even though there's a number of lipsticks I haven't yet reviewed, I feel the itch to pick up more. Never too many lipsticks!! But after going on a swatching frenzy at Sephora here in Portland (I managed to not get lost in the Washington Square Mall this time! Mostly because I had a map, but still. I am clearly a champion.), I have a number of other products I want, too. Feast your eyes, my pretties, and let me know if you've tried any of these and what you thought! Especially if you hated it. Then I will have one less thing to covet!

I haven't purchased a new blush in, like, 8 months (no, seriously, the last one was in Germany, and I still haven't reviewed it, oh my God I am a terrible blogger), and I am feeling the urge. I wear blush every day, because otherwise I look like a sick ghost, but it doesn't have the same appeal for me as lippies and even eyeshadow do. (Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention I got a blush from Awesome Larie last fall, LMdB's Echo, which also hasn't been reviewed, so I have no need for coral/warm pink blushes.) (Which is not to say there's not still some of those on my wishlist. I'm not a saint, okay?)
This one is not Polyvore, because Polyvore didn't have Diffused Heat.
Clockwise from top left: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Diffused Heat, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Radiant Magenta, Clinique Plum Pop, Tarte Blushing Bride, Make Up For Ever HD Blush 215, Rimmel Stay Blushed! 001 Pop of Pink

Radiant Magenta is beautiful, but I included Diffused Heat as well because ugh it's such a nice coral. Also it made it a nice block of blush, otherwise there would have been one lone one on the bottom and I couldn't do that to poor Tarte Blushing Bride, now could I? Speaking of BB, I don't own any of the Tarte blushes (I KNOW RIGHT) and NARS Sin is beautiful and BB is apparently close to Sin and blah blah blah come to me. Clinique's new blushes have gotten no end of raves, and pink! is so very happy for spring. MUFE and Rimmel's blushes are both cream, both warm pink, and since I am at base a very cheap person, I will undoubtedly end up picking up the Rimmel. Also, Liz just recommended these two blush lines, so now they're on my list, too:
This is also not Polyvore, because I was too lazy to make one.

Onto the lips! I'm currently testing MAC's Prep + Prime Lip, but I have a number of other lip bases I'd like to try in an effort to easify wearing my brighter shades on a daily basis.
Lip bases

This is Polyvore, though!

Left to right: Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer, Sephora Universal Lip Liner, Bite Beauty Line & Define Lip Primer

My goal is something to help extend wear and prevent fading and feathering. Any input you have would be much appreciated!

I also want this:

And now, the lipsticks. Because I am a crazy person.


The Too Faced and UD are both MLBB shades in formulas that sound promising, though I'm not wild about the packaging for either. Lucky is such a happy shade, and the Bite is as well, though it's tragically LE, and I really don't need another warm coral pink lipstick. Of course, I don't need any of these...

And lastly, the glosses/liquid lippies:

Left to right: Dior Bed of Roses, Shiseido Lacquer Rouge RS312 Sunstone, YSL Gloss Volupté 206 Fuchsia Oran, Shiseido Lacquer Gloss RS306

I love the Dior and Shiseido Lacquer Rouge formulas, so of course I want more shades in each. The YSL and Shiseido glosses are new, but I've heard good things about both, and who doesn't want a bright punchy pink (for the former) and pretty plum (for the latter) gloss? Not me, obviously.

There are other things I want that aren't available at Sephora, but this post is stupidlong already, and I have to go to dinner. But please! Tell me what you think! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...