Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Zoya Reece Nail Polish Review and Swatches

I finally, finally felt like my nails were looking nice enough to try painting them. Turns out, they're not quite there yet, but close enough that I felt okay taking swatch pictures!
I got this back during Zoya's Red promotion for Valentine's Day (it wasn't the red I chose––that's Reva, which I'll be posting once I wear it!) because I felt like I didn't have enough pink polish (that's not glitter or holo or cream) and Reece looked pink but still interesting. And lo and behold, pink and interesting it is!

3 coats Reece with top coat
Reece is a medium rose with duochrome shimmer (nearly frost) that shifts from apple green to gold to orange to pink. I could not get it to show up on camera, but I assure you it is there! Pretty subtle, but adds some interest. I did 3 coats, and though I could have gotten away with 2 thicker coats (I know this since I accidentally made my coats too thick on a couple nails, in part because the polish is a bit runny), 3 thin coats prevents bubbling and offers complete opacity. It has a very slight tendency to show brushstrokes due to the shimmer, but as long as you don't zigzag the brush all over the place it's really not noticeable.

So, yeah. It's a pretty pink with a kick, and I can see myself rocking this a lot through spring and summer!

Overview
$8 for 0.50 oz, available from Zoya

Color: 9
Formula: 8.75
Brush & Bottle: 5
Pigmentation & Finish: 4
Price/Value: 4
Grade: B+


What do you think of Reece? What's your favorite pink polish?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...