Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Currently Coveting: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres

I have no idea why I haven't posted a CC for this product yet, because it has been on my mind for weeks.
image via NM

It's a new product from YSL that is a hybrid gloss-stain-lipstick, and it sounds potentially awesome. The idea is that you apply one layer to lips and let it settle, which gives color and a natural finish, before adding another layer for shine and more color. The texture sounds very distinctive, and I'm not sure I'd be okay with it (we all know how much I hate sticky gloss), but the idea is very intriguing! I swatched a couple of shades when I was in New York, and I really want #5 Rouge Vintage, a berry-red, though there's a number of shades that appeal to me (#7 Corail Aquatique, #10 Rouge Philtre, 12 Corail Fauve...). I may have to cave and buy one sometime, though it'll have to wait until next month, since I don't have $32 left in my beauty budget for this one!
$32 for 0.20 oz, available from Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...