Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shoes!

I'm still recovering from being sick, and I really spaced on keeping up with other blogs for the first half of this week since I was in New York, so instead of a Sunday Summary, I bring you pictures of new shoes!

I pretty much never buy new clothing; most of my disposable income goes towards beauty-related products, and the vast majority of my wardrobe is years old, hand-me-downs, bought used, or some combination therein. Occasionally, though, I do find myself willing to splurge! Especially on shoes, since my philosophy tends to be: 1) find a cute, functional, comfortable pair of shoes, 2) wear them until they wear out. Achieving the first while drawing out the second as long as possible usually means paying a little more (though the pair of leather knee-high boots I got on eBay for $18 is an exception!).

Macy's is having a big shoe sale, where you get 30% off your entire order with the purchase of 3+ pairs of shoes, so I went yesterday with my mom and grandmother. We all managed to find shoes we liked (my mother found two pair, in fact), and though the ones I got are kind of painfully expensive (though really, they're less than the Armani mascara and lipstick I got, which I think speaks more to how far I've fallen re:makeup spending than anything else!), they're so. damn. cute. that I can't even care!
Clarks Artisan Fiddle String Platform Sandle in Platinum
See? SO CUTE. And, as is usual for Clarks, super comfy. They're normally $89, but I got them for $62.30, and I plan to wear them all the time once the weather cheers up. Between these and my navy leather Birkenstock Ibizas, my feet are going to have the weirdest tan lines.
$89, available from Macy's (15% off if you buy one pair, 30% off if you buy 3) and Endless (cheaper there), available in burnt orange, white, black, and tan leather as well

How do you feel about shoes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...