Saturday, April 7, 2012

Skincare Saturday: Sunday Riley Bionic Anti-Aging Cream Review and Pictures

I mentioned before that I'd gotten a bunch of skincare samples from the Sunday Riley counter in Bergdorf from a very helpful and generous SA. I decided to use them one at a time to try them out and started with the Bionic Anti-Aging Cream, which the SA had recommended for me as a night moisturizer since I have super oily skin and don't need much hydration during the day.
image via Barneys

The Sunday Riley website describes Bionic as:
"Built on Hydration + Anti-Aging fusion technology. Highest concentration [compared to what?] of key ingredients to Rebuild Collagen, Stimulate Elastin Production, Densify [sure guys, that's a word] the Skin, Reverse Photodamage, and Increase Skin Energy. All emerging anti-aging technologies and causes of aging covered in the creation of this stimulating, cutting-edge product."

I have no idea what's up with the random capitalization, either.

So, seeing as I'm 22 and have oily skin, aging isn't really a concern of mine, and since I've only been using the moisturizer for a week or so, I wouldn't expect to see any effects regardless. While I can't speak to its effectiveness at combating age, I can say that it works fine as a nighttime moisturizer.
looks like vanilla custard! I poured one of the samples into a spare contact lens case––very handy!

It's yellowy in color and smells like the pink fruit Mentos (I was so proud of myself when I figured that out!), which has always been my favorite flavor so I don't mind it. It's less dense than a cream but not as liquidy as a serum, and it absorbs quickly, though the smell lingers for a few minutes. It's fine, I'm certainly not sad to have gotten to try it and I'll use up the samples I have, but it's not like a wildly life-changing product. Of course, I am so not the intended market for it, so take everything I say with that in mind. Also: wicked expensive. Definitely worth getting a sample before you buy!
$225 for 1.7 oz, available from Sunday Riley, Barneys, Bergdorf (in-store in New York only, so it seems)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...