Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Non-Summary

Remember back when I said I would have more time for blogging after school got out? That may have been a lie. I'm teaching English at the university this summer (Oral Skills level 5), which is every day, though fortunately only for 50 minutes (110 on Friday). Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience with teaching English, so I get to spend lots of time prepping. Classes start Monday, though we have the 4th off (whee!), and I'll undoubtedly ramble on about my students and class on here. I've also been spending a lot of my free time with the boy, which really cuts into my blogging time! Not that I mind it, of course, but I do feel a bit bad for neglecting y'all. I have a new camera (simple point-and-shoot, Canon ELPH 100 HS), but it's been blechy and rainy here so I haven't really had the chance to have lots of fun with it yet. But I will! It's about half the size of my old camera (a Canon Powershot from 5 years ago), which means I can actually carry it around in my purse without feeling like I'm lugging a brick with me, so hopefully I'll get better about taking pictures of pretty things (food, flowers, cute shoes, weird bugs, etc.).

Instead of doing a normal Sunday Summary post (which I do realize I haven't done in months and I am so sorry and I promise I will get better about it!), I'm just going to chatter about random things.

1) Objects of Desire
Chanel's released their fall and Bombay Express collections, and hot damn, there are some gorgeous pieces.

Troublant (left) and Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in some random shade (right), via Chanel
I'm really tempted by the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Troublant, reviewed on Pink Sith here. I'm such a sucker for plummy MLBB shades. $28.50 isn't that bad, right? Right? It's going on my serious wishlist. Maybe I'll buy it for my birthday...

Lumière d'Artifices Beiges, image via Chanel

Also from the fall collection is the Lumière d'Artifices Beiges illuminator, which is lovely and not at all something I personally would wear, but that doesn't stop me from coveting it just a little.
Route des Indes de Chanel, image via Chanel
Similarly is the Bombay Collection's Route des Indes de Chanel highlighter, which is stunning, though as it's gold (not my color) and way out of my price range ($80), it shall remain something I admire from afar.


Blush Subtil Palette in Nectar Lace, image via Lancome
Lancome has just released a new set of trios of blush, bronzer, and highlighter, and they're quite pretty! I'm particularly fond of Rose Flush. At $42, it's a splurge, but you do get 3 products, and I think it would be a great choice for someone who just wants ease and elegance in their beauty routine and doesn't already have a bunch of cheek products (not me, obviously).


2) Recent acquisitions that I don't want to do a full post for because they are discontinued and that would be mean
I picked up a couple of the NYC Blushable Creme Sticks at the Dollar Store when I was at the coast. They were a buck apiece, how could I resist? And I actually like them quite a lot! 
I got Big Apple Blush and Urban Spice; BAB is a shimmer-free light warm pink that I find very flattering on, and US is a heavily-shimmered warm orange-red-brown. I like BAB more, but US is handy for quick bronzing/contouring on-the-go.
Big Apple Blush blended (top)
and swatched heavily (bottom)

Urban Spice swatched heavily
(top) and blended (bottom)

3) Portraiture
My mother gave me some pictures to scan from when my brother and I were little. Some of them are pretty darn cute:
Me at a few months old (right)––I don't think I can open my mouth that wide anymore, and Kev at 5 months (right)––he has more hair than that now

We were so young here! 10 and 13, maybe? Pretty entertaining stuff.

Kev and I this past December (left)––this picture always makes me giggle, and us in December of '09, back when I had longer hair and bangs and Kevin was only a few inches taller than me (he's since grown a few more, sigh)


What's been new with y'all? Does your family take yearly portraits? Anything fun and interesting caught your eye lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...