Friday, July 27, 2012

Fragrance Friday

I've been sick most of this week, so I haven't been writing many notes for this post. As such, it will be brief. Huzzah!


Friday, July 20
Evening: Wore Guerlain Jicky (Oriental Woody: lemon, bergamot, mandarin, rosemary, jasmine, basil, orris root, tonka bean, benzoin, amber, sandalwood, leather, spices, rosewood, vanilla) to the top hat and moustache party, because what's classier than a scent that started as a men's cologne in the 1880s? Sample running low, OH NOES. Buy another or full bottle?? Decisions, decisions.

Saturday, July 21
Morning: No recollection of anything I did that day, but I wore Carthusia Fiori di Capri (Chypre Floral: bergamot, orange blossom, gardenia, tuberose, cyclamen, white flowers, rose, orange, ylang-ylang, iris, honey, nutmeg, cloves, carnation, strawberry, plum, violet leaf, hyacinth, incense, musk, oakmoss, patchouli, cedar, sandalwood, labdanum, amber) down the shirt and transferred Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Fleur des Comores (Floralblack currant, green notes, passionfruit, ylang-ylang, vanilla, jasmine, orange flower, musk, amber, vetiver), which is very fruity. Too sweet to start off, but I like how it smells after a couple of hours.

Sunday, July 22
I think the weather was being grumpy? Whatever, I wore Balenciaga Paris L'Essence (Floral Green: vetiver, patchouli, violet, violet leaf, green notes, sandalwood, cedar). Pretty and relatively boring. It worked.

Monday, July 23
Morning: Fleurs des Comores down the shirt, which was fruitacious, and transferred/wore on my arm Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Bahiana (Floralorange, mandarin orange, lemon, fir, guiac wood, rose, amber, coconut, musk), which is citrusy and floral and fruity. It's got a lot going on, but it boils down to basically (tropical) summer in a bottle. Disappointing longevity, though.
Midday: While waiting for my Yumm! bowl (I've taken to ordering them without the cheese and sour cream so I don't have to take any lactase pills, and it tastes almost as good! Comes with extra avocado, too, yum), I dabbed on the Uncommon Scents fragrance oils in Tuberose, Sandalwood, Muguet, and Jasmine. I put Tuberose and Sandalwood right next to each other on my arm, which was not the greatest idea since then I couldn't distinguish them. Whoops. Tuberose wasn't super tuberose-y, but I will have to try it again. Muguet and Jasmine smelled lovely, very like their namesake flowers (based on other soliflores I have of the type, ha). And they're affordable! And you can mix them! So many possibilities...
Evening: Wore Bahiana down the shirt. Fruity and floral and summery, but sillage also unimpressive.
Night: Wanted something cozy, so I sprayed on Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. Warm and lovely spicy amber, and you gotta love the strength––one spritz envelops and lasts all night.

Tuesday, July 24
Morning: Cold and overcast.
Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Chypre: cardamom, coriander, grass oil, black hemlock, violet, jasmine, vetiver, cedar wood, amber, sandalwood), which is a great example of a woody chypre. I'm not absolutely insane about it, but I do like it.
Afternoon: Warm and sunny! Bahiana down the shirt, again, because: summer. Transferred Arquiste L'Etrog (Aromatic Fruitypalm leaf, myrtle, vetiver, dates, citron, woody notes), which is great. It's a woody citrus, akin to Eau d'Hadrien, but smells more complex, less shrill, and less masculine (though the boy did still say it smelled "dude-like" to him). If I could afford a full bottle, I would totally buy it to add to my "masculine-ish summer scents" collection (currently consisting of Eau Sauvage. It's a small collection.). Lasted a long time, too!

Wednesday, July 25
Morning: L'Etrog, because I wanted to see if it was as appealing down the shirt as on the arm. It was.
Afternoon: Post-shower, opted for Dior Eau Sauvage (Citrus Aromatic: lemon, basil, bergamot, cumin, lavender, fruit, jasmine, rose, carnation, iris root, coriander, patchouli, sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver, musk, amber), because I realized I hadn't worn it in several days. Also, I was hot and it's pretty damn refreshing.

Thursday, July 26
Morning: Cold and yucky, but was supposed to get warmer. Wanted something floral, so I wore
Serge Lutens A La Nuit (Oriental Floral: grenadine, benzoin, musk, jasmine, honey, cloves, green notes). It was fine. Nose was somewhat clogged due to this stupid cold.

Friday, July 27
Morning: Cold and yucky, again. Still sick. Wore Amouage Memoir Woman (Chypre: cardamom, mandarin, pink pepper, wormwood, clove, incense, pepper, woods, jasmine, rose, white flowers, musk, labdanum, oak moss, styrax, leather), which smelled nice but wasn't awe-inspiring. Stupid cold.
Afternoon: After nap and shower, sunshine was out and weather was nice. Sprayed on Arquiste Flor y Canto (Floral: tagetes, frangipani, magnolia, tuberose), which has a weird melon note going on this time––whether it's due to the weather, my nose, or random skin interaction, I don't know. It's not fantastic, but it can't completely rob the scent of its beauty!

What perfumes have you been wearing this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...