Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sea Salt Toner

I'd read about using a sea salt toner to help with oily skin on MUA, but didn't have any sea salt at school, and didn't want to buy a big bag that I'd have to leave behind when I came home.  I kept it in mind, though, and a few days ago mixed up a batch using some sea salt I'd gotten many moons ago when I got my cartilage pierced.  I think any kind of generic sea salt should do the trick, and table salt would probably work too, though it's lacking many of the minerals that sea salt has.
I mixed some salt into about 4 oz of hot water; I'm not sure exactly how much it was, though I'm guessing around 1/2 teaspoon, but I added it until it tasted mildly salty, and I don't think the concentration matters too much.  You don't want it to be too salty, lest it dry out your skin too much.  I've been applying it with a cottonball every morning and night for the few days, and it's making a big difference.  My skin is less oily, my pores look smaller, and it hasn't dried me out in the least.  For people with less oily skin than me, it's apparently better as a spot-treatment, since sea salt can dry your skin out.  If you have oily skin, though, I highly recommend giving this a try!

I'm going to add green tea to the toner in the next couple days, since that supposedly helps control oil and redness, too, so I'll post about how that's going in a week or so!

What about you?  Have you tried sea salt or green tea as a toner?  If so, how did it work out for you?  If not, would you want to?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...