Thursday, June 23, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Blush in Bel Air (from the Caribbean Collection) Review and Swatches

I'm waiting on another Meow order, and once I get that I can finally take pictures and finish and post my review of their foundations.  It's been 2 weeks since I ordered, though, and it still hasn't shipped...I understand holiday sales slow down turnover, but seriously!  This is getting ridiculous.  In the meantime, however, I still have some lovely blushes to review!
Bel Air blush; unblended on the left, blended on the right
The color is more accurate here than above
Bel Air is a bright, vibrant pink with shimmer––it almost glows, like a neon, but it's not actually neon; it's neither warm nor cool, so should work on a variety of skin tones, and a little goes a long ways.  I have to apply with a light hand, but when I do so I get a lovely flush that suggests ample exertion and excitement.  The fact that it's richer also means it works well as a more dramatic, evening blush.  It's definitely summery (described as being a "strawberry pink with hints of mulberry"), and if you're looking for a nice dark-yet-bright pink, it's a good choice.  It's more pink compared to Risque's red, but not as light or coral as Racy.

Overview
Price: 8 (see my review of Racy for rationale)
Value: 9.5 (ditto)
Quality: 10
Ease of Use: 3 (much like Risque, this is a little too pigmented for me to be able to just apply and go, but unlike Risque, this takes more effort to get it to not be streaky or patchy)
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Grade: A-
While this color doesn't appeal to me as much as Racy and Risque, it is still lovely, and for someone who loves bright pinks, it could be HG!

What do you think of Bel Air?  Would you wear it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...