Thursday, June 9, 2011

Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

It's been surprisingly sunny and beautiful here recently, a trend that is supposed to continue for at least the next week, which means I've gotten to enjoy some time out in the sunshine (with sunscreen, of course!).  I've been wearing the Boscia sample I got with the Sephora Sun Safety kit as my daily moisturizer for the past several days, and feel comfortable giving my opinion of it.

Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15It has a slightly herby smell, very subtle, which dissipates quickly. The moisturizer is white and creamy of medium consistency, easily spreadable, and it absorbs quickly.  It's not particularly mattifying, but it doesn't contribute to oiliness, either.  You don't need very much, though if you want the SPF protection, you should apply more than you feel is really necessary, and if you're going to be spending extended periods of time outside, wear a separate sunscreen as well.  The biggest drawback is that it's only SPF 15, whereas the others I'll be reviewing are higher than that, but if you just want a lightweight, non-oily moisturizer to wear under your makeup and don't mind supplementing with other sunscreens, it's a good choice.  It's $36 for 1.4 oz on Sephora, but you can find 0.5 oz for under $10 on eBay.  I don't know if I would buy again, just because there are other ones I still have left to try, but I definitely won't say I wouldn't buy again.

I'll be reviewing Philosophy Hope Oil Free SPF 30 next, which is a variant on the extremely popular Hope in a Jar moisturizer, so you can look forward to that!

As a bonus: a picture of my brother Kevin with his pet sugar glider Bandit!  It's crazy how he (Bandit) can climb all over him (Kevin), and he's (Bandit, though I guess one could argue my brother also) so adorable, as you can see:
Bandit using Kevin as a climbing tree

What about you?  Have you used Boscia?  Or played with a sugar glider?  Would you want to?  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...