Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF Review

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this moisturizer.
Hope Oil-Free SPF

I really liked it when I was using it at school, in the heat and humidity, but strangely I'm less fond of it here at home.  (Also, I'm watching the Planet Earth episode with penguins in the background right now, and it is so amazingly adorable, and may include comments about that.  Try not to be too scared.)  I like that it has SPF 30, but that's about it.  At school, I found that it stood up to my sweating well, and didn't seem to add any oiliness to my already-goopy-wet face.  Here, though, where the weather's in the 60s and 70s with little humidity, I don't find myself getting those benefits.  (We've moved on to polar bears, and one is currently wiggling its way across the snow and ice and I want it as a pet.  Even though it would probably eat me.)  Compared to the Boscia, the (OMG baby polar bears trying to walk!) Philosophy takes a long time to absorb, and it never fully does; I also find that it does nothing to cut down on my oiliness, and I think it may even contribute to it.  I'll try it again when it gets warmer and I start sweating more, and maybe I'll like it again, but for now, I am gladly moving on.

What about you?  Have you used any iteration of Hope in a Jar?  What did you think?  On a tangent, if you haven't seen the "Ice Worlds" Planet Earth episode, GO WATCH IT NOW.  The penguins sliding along on their bellies is one of the cutest, funniest things I have ever seen.  I mean, it would have to be--penguins are pretty much the definition of "adorable".
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...