Monday, October 17, 2011

Tarte Lip Service Limited Edition LipSurgence Collection Sneak Peek

ETA: For a full review write-up and lip swatches, see here!

Last week, I ordered the LE Tarte LipSurgence collection from tarte.com with a 20% off code (create an account, put stuff in your cart, and then leave it there for a few days, and they'll send you a code! Thank you, Retail Me Not) because it was sold out at Sephora and I didn't want to miss out on it.  It's back in stock, fortunately, so my review won't have to be a "what you can't have" type thing, but if you want it, I would snag it soon, since I'm sure with the start of Sephora's F&F sale (it begins this Thursday and runs through November 2nd, but order early if you want to ensure you get everything you want!) it'll go pretty fast.  Normally, a LipSurgence pencil is $24 for 0.10 oz, but you get 5 full-size pencils/lip sticks for $29 in this set.  And with 20% off, that's a mere $23.20, less than one regular pencil!  So, seriously, I couldn't afford not to get it.

It only just arrived today, and I immediately took some pictures and swatches so I could post them for your enjoyment, since I don't know exactly how long it'll take me to test and review them fully and wanted you to have some idea what the deal is if you're planning on buying it soon.  Anyways!  Here they are; I'll post a more thorough review with lip swatches and product break-down once I've had the chance to play around with them some.

In their pretty box, left to right: Glitzy, Perky, Flashy, Swank, Dazzled

1 swipe each, top to bottom: Swank, Perky, Dazzled, Flashy, Glitzy

3-4 swipes each, top to bottom: Swank, Perky, Dazzled, Flashy, Glitzy

Having never tried any of Tarte's LipSurgence pencils before, I can't really give too much info on wear or anything at this point, but I'm wearing Perky on my lips right now, and it feels comfortable and very moisturizing (and smells faintly of peppermint!).  The packaging is very similar to Clinique Chubby Sticks, and fortunately these are screw-up pencils so you don't have to worry about sharpening, but the texture of Tarte seems less firm than Clinique's.  More to come in a few days!

What do you think of the set?  Have you ever tried any LipSurgence pencils?  Are you hoping to pick this up during F&F?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...