Friday, October 14, 2011

Meow Wildcats in Puma and Snow Leopard Mini Review and Swatches

Wildcats are loose mineral powders intended to be used all over your body to add shimmer and shine.  I'm not really one to wear glitter anywhere beyond my eyes (and perhaps my cheeks for a special occasion), but I got these as free samples with past orders and thought I should at least share them with you!  They're very glittery and shimmery and festive, and seem like an amped-up Glow powder (which also comes in tinted forms, which I definitely need to check out), similar to Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks.  Definitely not low-key or natural, but it's not intended to be!
Wildcats in Snow Leopard (left) and Puma (right); applied wet (top) and dry (bottom), in sunlight

Puma is described as "molten copper and gold metal" and Snow Leopard as being "as pure as the driven snow...with silver metallic sparkles", both of which are apt descriptions.  The beauty of these is that they are plenty pigmented and shimmery applied dry, which is how they would work best, but applying them wet does give them more of a foiled look (which would work well on eyes, for example).  They blend really well, and a little product goes a long way.
Out of focus to show the crazy shimmer

Puma applied with a bronzer brush, quite heavily, in sunlight

Snow Leopard applied with a bronzer brush, heavily, in sunlight; it looks a little warmer here than it should, because I used the same brush as I'd applied Puma with (whoops), so there was some leftover product that got mixed in

I haven't worn them myself (because I haven't had any event exciting enough to warrant glitter), but I'm just going to assume they last as long as the other Meow MMU I've worn (8+ hours).

Overview
$9.95 for 4 g in 20 g jar, $1 for sample baggie, from Meow Cosmetics

Quality: 9
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 4
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5 (pigmented enough to give a hint of color, not so pigmented that they apply unevenly or have to be applied with a lot of care)
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 4.5 (samples are, as always, a steal)
Value: 5 (assuming you would actually use this product!  this is one case where I think samples are the only way to go, because most people should not be wearing glitter with any kind of regularity)
Grade: A


They're not something I would purchase, just because body glitter isn't my thing, but they work very well for what they are and are worth checking out for a special occasion!

Do you ever wear glitter?  Have you tried any of Meow's Wildcats?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...