Monday, October 17, 2011

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Swivel Stick Review

I suffer from perennially dry lips, and a nasty habit of rubbing my lips together, which together means I am somewhat of a connoisseur (wow, I spelled that right on the first try!  French is stupid.) of lip balms.  My HG is Jack Black lip balm in Grapefruit and Ginger, but as a beauty addict, I do stray from time to time to try others (especially because JB ain't cheap!).  A couple months ago I picked up a tube of Palmer's Cocoa Butter because I'd read so many gushing reviews on MUA that I knew I had to give it a try, and it as on sale, so I figured I could buy it and take it off my mental "to-buy" list (it gets crowded up in there!).  Herewith are my thoughts.
Image from Walgreens

It's a huge tube, with 0.50 oz of product (twice of Jack Black, and more than 3x the amount in most lip balm sticks [generally around 0.15 oz]).  It's an opaque white in the tube, but goes on clear, leaves a very very subtle sheen when worn, and smells faintly sweet (like chocolate, shockingly, but it's very subtle, which I like).  I use it as lip balm, but it works for any dry or chapped skin, and you know how the space between your nose and mouth gets chapped when you're sick and blowing your nose?  This would help that.  It's very lightweight, and the stick is so large that a single swipe on top and bottom lips gives plenty of coverage, even beyond the boundaries of my lips (though not in an annoying way, just in a "wow, now my skin is nice and soft, too" way).  It feels kind of waxy, but not heavy, and it's kind of slick, if that makes any sense.  Definitely not an uncomfortable or suffocating texture, so that's good.  It doesn't last very long, though; it's pretty much gone after 30 minutes, though I do think it leaves my lips more moisturized than they started (unlike a certain tinted balm I'll be reviewing soon!).  It's not going to replace JB as my favorite, but I keep it in my office and will continue to use it until it runs out––in, like, 3 years.
$3.00-$4.00 for 0.50 oz, available at Amazon and drugstores

Have you used Palmer's Cocoa Butter swivel stick?  What's your favorite lip balm?  Do you have any favorite multi-purpose products?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...