Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Summary

It's that time again: a recap of the past week!  How was it for you?  I got more settled into the school routine, and got to know my fellow students a little more, which is definitely a good thing!  It's even been sunny off-and-on, so I was able to take some swatch pictures and frolic in the sunshine.

There were a lot of posts that I read this week and want to share, so sit back, relax, and click the linkies!

Jessica from Getting Cheeky wrote a summary post on lip balms (several months ago, but I only just discovered it), and it's very informative––now I have more lip balms I want to try!


Shawn, Christine from Temptalia's boyfriend and the tech guy behind the site, sporadically writes product review posts; this week, he reviewed the Salux Beauty Skin Cloth, which is a product I've been using for ages (close to a year now, I think!) but never gotten around to reviewing.  There's really no way I could improve on his review, so I probably won't even bother writing my own post on it, so go read his!  It's great.

As if that weren't enough awesomeness, Christine wrote a wonderful post on open letters to beauty companies.  Her notes are great, and reading the notes in the comments is really informative!

Another older post, but also very helpful, is loodie loodie loodie's post on how to make your own Zoya Remove+ nail polish remover (moisturizing and kinder to nails!)

Scrangie wrote a beautiful post on October being depression awareness month; as someone who has suffered from debilitating depression in the past, I'm so appreciative to her for getting the information out so that others who suffer may be able to realize there is help, and it does get better.  It's a great post to read, even if you don't yourself suffer from depression, because it has a lot of good information that you may be able to use to help someone else.  There's also a bunch of pictures of green nail polish, because green is the color of depression awareness (who knew?), and no matter how non-depressed you are, gorgeous swatches of various green polishes is guaranteed to make you even more non-depressed!

Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog swatched the new Bobbi Brown 1991 lip palette, but the real joy of the post is her list of "20 Things I've Done Since 1991".  It's funny, it's sad, it's sweet, and it reminds us all how wonderful life can be.

And on a completely non-beauty note, Toothpaste for Dinner did a comic on how to beat the Google targeted ad algorithm.  This might be why all my ads are beauty-related...
What's the last thing you bought?
Well, I literally just ordered the Tarte Lip Service Limited Edition LipSurgence Collection from Tarte.com, because it's out of stock on Sephora and I did not want to miss out on it!  I'd also read a tip on Retail Me Not that if you join tarte.com and put stuff into your cart but don't buy it immediately, they'll send you a coupon for 20% off your order.  So that's what I did, and it worked!  It took 4 or 5 days, but it's definitely worth the wait––the set is $29 and shipping is $5, but take off 20% and it's a mere $28.20!  I'm sad I don't get the Sephora points for my purchase, but such is the trade-off...

Do you use lip liner?
Nope; I've found that I don't tend to need it, and those times that I do, I just apply lipstick along the outer edges of my lips with a lip brush and blot––works like a charm, and matches perfectly!

Do you wear scarves?
When it's cold, absolutely.  I have, like, 20 different scarves (I don't even think that's an exaggeration).  But I'm not generally one to wear scarves for purely decorative purposes, mostly because they make me hot really quickly.

Beer or wine?
Depends on my mood!  Generally beer when I'm out, because it tends to be cheaper, but wine at home; that is by no means a hard-and-fast rule, though!

Are you wearing nail polish?
Nothing on my fingers currently, Sonia Kashuk's dark blue-grey cream on my toes (too lazy to find the bottle to see what it's called!).

Currently coveting: Blushes!
Benefit Bella Bamba, NARS Deep Throat

Benefit Bella Bamba and NARS Deep Throat in particular; I'm hoping to order them during the F&F sale.

What about you?  Tell me your answers in the comments, or talk about anything at all!  I love hearing from my readers :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...