Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mid-Trip Update

Greetings again! I finally got around to uploading some pictures so I thought it a good time to ramble some more at y'all.

Here's me before the wedding:
Normal and OH SO EXCITED
Dress from JCPenney ($36), shoes from Kohls ($16), and lipstick was Rouge Dior in Favori Red ($32, so yes, it cost twice as much as my shoes. I have my priorities, alright?). Full review of the lipstick to come, but I hope this picture shows some of its beauty!

Today, the boy and I tried to go to the Ground Zero memorial, only to discover that you have to have pre-registered a ticket to enter (laaaaame). So we just stood outside and took pictures of One World Trade Center (though we're confused about the name; is it because 2 towers have become 1? Or is World Trade Center the name of the square, and One the address? Maybe these questions would have been answered at the memorial...).
My reaction to the news that we couldn't get in. Luckily, One WTC is huge, so at least I got to have a picture of that.

Then we went to Chinatown and had soup dumplings at Shanghai Café. They were delicious, and entertaining to try and eat:
Looks pretty innocuous, right? WRONG. (But delicious indeed.)

Me and the boy doing battle with our dumplings (I don't know why the lighting is so different); one must balance the desire to eat its delicious contents with the avoidance of burning one's mouth, and the attempt to catch all the soupy contents in the spoon so as not to waste it on the plate's surface
 
Then I dragged the boy to MiN NY to smell Amouage, Tauer, and Parfum d'Empire perfumes. A very classy establishment, but they were nice and friendly and not at all insistent that we buy anything and let me just wander around sniffing everything. It was quite lovely. I fell in love with Tauer Carillon pour un Ange (shockingly, as it is a lily-of-the-valley floral, which is so not my kind of perfume), and sprayed my arm with it, after which I proceeded to spend the afternoon sniffing myself and being sad that it's so expensive.
See? Sad.

Nothing to see here, folks, just a blogger smelling some cards. Actually, me sniffing some of the blotters I'd deemed worth keeping for a bit; Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle and L'Air du Désert Marocain are both ones I'd like to sample further, not to mention Amouage Lyric, L'Artisan Safran Troublant, and a number of others.

We're back in Z's apartment now, relaxing and enjoying being off our feet (well, okay, I'm doing that; walked a couple miles in them shoes up there today after dinner). I'm not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow; possibly going to the Central Park Conservatory Gardens, and hopefully Bergdorf as well––I need to smell all the Guerlains! And buy a new eyelash curler, because I left mine at the boy's family's house. Luckily I was planning on buying a new one anyways, ha!

Now I should go take a shower, because guys, cities are disgusting. But what's been new with you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...