Friday, September 21, 2012

Fragrance Friday

Wednesday it was sunny but not terribly warm, and I decided to wear Hermès Eau des Merveilles (Oriental Woody: lemon, orange, pepper, pink pepper, violet, amber, vetiver, cedar, oakmoss, fir), a citrus-amber-woodsy scent. In the evening, the boy came over and we hung out in the living room with my mother for a bit, who told the boy he smelled really nice. When I asked her if she was sure it was him and not me (because the boy doesn't wear cologne or perfume, just deodorant), she was like, "No, it smells like man," only to realize upon smelling me more closely that it was, in fact, my perfume. So apparently Eau des Merveilles (which is apparently a women's perfume, though I honestly think it's more unisex than anything) makes me smell like a dude, at least to my mother. It's far from the most masculine scent I wear, though, so that certainly won't stop me! (Guerlain Derby and Habit Rouge and Dior Eau Sauvage are all more masculine, and I love them all dearly.)

What gender-bending perfumes do you like? Have you tried Eau des Merveilles? How do you think it smells?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...