Monday, August 20, 2012

Quick Reviews: Updated Haircare Routine

Suave seems to have discontinued my previous haircare products, so I decided to try venturing out and trying something new.
image via Drugstore
For shampoo, I picked up the new Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo, which I actually really, really like. It's got a very mildly sweet smell (like nice department store perfume, actually––very pleasant in a shampoo), it foams like crazy, I only need a little bit to get my hair clean, it rinses out easily, and it helps reduce frizz.

image via Drugstore
It works really well with my current conditioner, Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, which is intensely moisturizing (less is more with this stuff, since if I use too much, it weighs my hair down) and very effective for keeping my curls bouncy. Unfortunately, it smells like synthetic froot, but I guess you can't win it all! Both run around $3 at drugstores, less if you wait for a sale. I recommend both; I think the shampoo would work for just about anyone who has issues with frizz and dyes their hair, and the conditioner would obviously work best for those with curly hair (keep in mind that my hair is very fine, so it may not work  as well if yours is really thick, though who knows, it could work even better!). 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...