Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Summary

Happy Sunday! Here's some pictures I've snapped recently.

Baby watermelon! I love that they have their characteristic stripes even when they're so tiny. Isn't it just adorable?! This is one of the bigger ones we have, but it's still super cute.

Went to the Scandinavian festival yesterday. It was a little warm for me, at 80+, and I got a raging headache after (due to the sun, my not-quite-right prescription sunglasses, the heat, dehydration, or some combination thereof), but it was fun until then! Lots of food.

Like Swedish pancakes! Which we didn't get, because I can get pancakes at home anytime.

 Some real Vikings, y'all!

 The boy, extremely excited about his tiny smoothie sample (so cute, so tasty).

Gorging myself on a Frijo (thick fried dough covered in butter and cinnamon sugar, and it is every bit as amazing as it sounds) while in line to get a meat pie (which I sadly neglected to photograph, sigh).

Flowers that the boy brought me last week when I was still feeling very sick, along with a Get Well Soon! balloon. So sweet!

China Glaze Unpredictable: How it looks usually (left) and at an angle (middle), and both shades showing in the bottle (right). Sorry the pictures suck, but it was a bajillion degrees outside and I didn't feel like subjecting myself to that misery. Yay for slackerhood!

The one and only shade I picked up from China Glaze's new Bohemian collection (I might have gotten the Peridot dupe as well, but someone had bought both of the ones in the display before I got there). There are much better swatches and reviews online, so I will just add: pretty! I love the duochrome (green to blue), the formula is pretty hassle-free though I did 3 coats to maximize the duochromosity, and while there are some brushstrokes they're quite mild and get a lot better once it's dry. I approve!

What have you been up to this weekend? Do you have a favorite Scandinavian food? Have you picked up any shades from the Bohemian collection? And have you ever seen a cuter fruit than that baby watermelon?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...