Thursday, April 24, 2014

L'Oreal Infallible Gilded Envy and Infinite Sky Review and Swatches

I picked these up a while back when Rite Aid had 40% off L'Oreal and I felt like injecting some new sparkle to my eye collection. I love Bronzed Taupe, though I don't find the Infallible formula to be ironclad like others do, but I always wear eyeshadow primer anyways, so whatever. Gilded Envy and Infinite Sky are both very different from anything else in my stash, at least!

Gilded Envy is a crazy pewter-olive-grey-sage-whatthefuck glittery reflective pile of amazing.
macros r us
I like to wear it as a wash on the lid, particularly when I wear Laura Mercier Khaki along the lashline, for a subtle, different smoky eye.
left to right: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Khaki, L'Oreal Gilded Envy,
Sleek i-Divine Original olive shade
I find that patting it on with my finger gives the best finish with the least amount of fallout (none to speak of), and over a primer, it lasts all day.

LM Khaki blended along upper lashline, Gilded Envy patted on
lid, MAC Dalliance blended in and above crease, Inglot 352 along
browbone, Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash Faceted on lashes

It's great. You should buy it. $7.99 for 0.12 oz, available from drugstore.com and drugstores

Infinite Sky is a metallic light blue.
the blurrier knockoff macros r us
It is also super fucking pretty, though not as unique as Gilded Envy. I also apply it with a finger, and like GE, it lasts all day over primer.
left to right: L'Oreal Infinite Sky, Sleek i-Divine Original light blue shade,
Urban Decay Peace
Worn with other blues, it looks very blue, but I like pairing it with the brown-blue duochrome from Wet N Wild Comfort Zone in the crease, because it makes it more of an unorthodox neutral that looks pretty cool.
See?

Pretty cool. 
Also wearing Inglot 352 on browbone, tightlined with black shadow, no mascara

$7.99 for 0.12 oz, available from drugstore.com and drugstores

As long as you don't mind the finger application and less than 24 hour wear, these shadows are great. Though I do get annoyed about having to unscrew them and remove the little stopper thingy, but that's because I am unconscionably lazy, and the colors are unique (and the finish sparkly) enough to make up for the extra hassle.

Have you tried either of these? How do you feel about sparkly shadows? Are there any other Infallibles I should add to my stash?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...