Saturday, April 19, 2014

Skincare Saturday: Rainshadow Labs ABR Bamboo Raspberry Antioxidant Scrub

I like using a manual exfoliator on my face every few days, and tend to rotate between my Clarisonic, Tosowoong, and muslin cloths most of the time, but sometimes I want something a little more...luxurious, I guess? So I picked up the RSL Bamboo Raspberry Antioxidant Scrub with Natural Açai Berry scent for those occasions.

It smells like blueberries and bell peppers, and while not a bad smell, I do wonder if I would prefer the unscented version. It looks like something Cthulhu puked up and feels like that same vomit was scooped up with some sand and put into a jar.
Delicious.
And yet, it works! I can see how you might have trouble believing me after that rather evocative description, but really, this stuff is great.


I scoop up a little bit, spread it over a damp face, and let it sit for a couple of minutes while I brush my teeth. I rinse it off in the shower (when I use it in the morning, or at my sink when I use it at night) after thoroughly massaging it into my face, and it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and oh so happy. It's very gentle, so if you want hardcore exfoliation, look elsewhere, but if you want something mild and moisturizing, it's definitely worth checking out. There's a couple of other scrubs from the line that I'd like to try before I'd reorder this one, and I'd definitely get the unscented version next time, but it's going in my "would repurchase" mental file.

Ingredients: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Olea Europaea (Olive Seed), Citrus Nobilis (Tangerine Essential Oil),  Jojoba Beads,  Carbomer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Bamboo Fibers, Hibiscus Sabdraffia (Hibiscus Buds),  Cranberry Fibers, Raspberry Fibers, Citrus Aurantium (Petit Grain Essential Oil), Organic Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry), Organic Mahonia Aquifolium (Oregon Grape), Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

$3.95 for 1 oz, available from Rainshadow Labs

What's your favorite facial scrub? How do you exfoliate?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...