Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sleek Original i-Divine Palette Review and Swatches

At some point in the last couple years (which was the last time I'd checked, ha), Sleek Makeup of the UK changed their shipping prices such that they're now insanely affordable for us here in the US, so I decided to order from them after finishing last term's finals. (Does anyone else find that stress –> makeup explosion? The past few weeks have definitely attested to that reality in my life, ha.) I wanted a ton of stuff, but managed to restrain myself to just this one palette, as I was wanting an injection of color into my eyeshadow collection. And color, this provides!

I'm really impressed by the texture of these eyeshadows; most of them are very shimmery (some metallic, some traditionally shimmer/glitter), the colors are rich and, for the most part, very smooth, and they apply and blend like a breeze. If it weren't for the cheapo packaging, I'd believe this palette costs $40!

All swatches are one swipe with a finger over moisturized skin (with the exception of the yellow, which is 2 or 3 swipes).
The black is quite matte, nicely pigmented, and blends easily.
The purple is pretty pigmented and blendable, quite shimmery, and not too dark, so it's pretty versatile. I'll have comparison swatches of it (and the other shades) up at some point as part of 30 Days, but it's similar in shade to Inglot 439 and in finish to Tarina Tarantino.
The dark blue is stunningly pigmented and smooth, and blends out really well (a necessity for dark colors for me, given how, um, inept I am at putting things where I actually want them to go).
The bright blue is super pigmented, nearly metallic, and has a gorgeous texture. I would say it is, quality-wise, the best shade in the palette, and one of the best in my collection. It swatches like the L'Oreal Infallibles (at least, the really nice ones, like Bronzed Taupe).
The teal is less pigmented though can still be built up, and isn't quite as smooth or shimmery as some of the other shades. Still very pretty, with a slight golden duochrome.
The green is so lovely, reflective and smooth and such a pretty grassy color.


The yellow is the least smooth and pigmented of them all, containing bits of shimmer-glitter. Still no fallout, but it's not as much fun to work with as the others, and it's prone to fading. I will be using it in Duck-themed eye looks, though, along with the green!
The pink is suuuuuper pretty, a cooler pink base tinged with lilac and topped with gold shimmer. Very Orgasm-esque, pigmented and smooth and great. Not all that pink on my lids, which is a good thing; it makes a nice blending shade with some of the brighter colors, as does...
The peach, which is also pigmented but not quite as smooth as the pink and has more visible shimmers. A nice warm counterpart to the pink.
The copper is glowy and gorgeous, and with the last two makes a super pretty autumnal eye.
The brown is similarly glowy and gorgeous, though slightly less pigmented than the copper.
The olive is just gah, and I'm not even all that crazy about olives! I think what makes this one special, besides the texture and finish, is how it's a little bit cool-toned, which makes it more flattering on my skin/eyes.

Used together, these make for a very luminescent, shimmery, colorful eye, which may or may not be what you're looking for. You can combine one or two shades with mattes or satins from other palettes/brands for a more subdued look, which makes it a bit more versatile. It's lacking a browbone highlighter or pale neutral, but fortunately I already have several of each so I just supplement it with those. If you're looking for a color-riffic palette with lovely texture, shimmer, and wear, I highly recommend the Sleek Original i-Divine palette. It's really lovely! And now I want to try more Sleek stuff, like their Pout Paint and blushes!

I'll have EOTDs featuring the palette up once I get a new camera, as well as comparison swatches.

Overview
$10 for 0.36 oz, available from Sleek Makeup (shipping to Oregon = $2.17 [IKNORITE?!])

Quality: 9.25
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 4.75
Duration: 5 (all day over primer)
Consistency: 4.75
Price: 5
Value: 5
Packaging: +0.5 (small, convenient, and the entire top lid is a mirror!)
Grade: A+

What do you think of the Original palette? Have you tried anything from Sleek?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...