Monday, January 28, 2013

Manicure Monday

This is a super-quick MM before I run off to my last class of the day (I hate not getting done until 5:30––no time for a nap!). These were all part of my order from Zoya during their 3/$10 promo.

Zoya Blaze
ugh, the only half-way in-focus shot I could get. sorry :(
I initially only ordered the black holo (Storm, seen here), but decided I needed the others, too. Aurora is absolutely amazing; it's a rich red jelly-creme with scattered holo sparkles, but the effect is more glowy than rainbowy, as the red base obscures the sparkles. I love it. I wish there were more polishes like this. It's mesmerizing! And really nicely opaque in 2 coats. It's been added to my "polishes I wear when I can't decide what I want because they're always pretty and make me happy" shelf (there's only 7 or 8 polishes with such distinction!).

Zoya Aurora
The look of this is more similar to Storm than Blaze, as the holo sparkles are actually rainbowy. It's sheerer than Blaze, but still decently opaque after 2 coats. I expected to like it more than I do, and may when it warms up and gets sunnier here, but I just didn't find it all that compelling. I still need to compare it to Milani Hi-Res, but I think Aurora is darker, more opaque, and less holographic, but I'll post comparison swatches once I get around to painting my nail wheel, hopefully later tonight. Here are some comparison swatches.

Zoya Avril topped with Orly Winter Wonderland
I'll get around to showing Avril on its own eventually, but for my manicure, I did 2 coats of it (not quite opaque) and layered Orly Winter Wonderland on top. It's very pretty and delicate and not what I usually go for, but it's so shimmery and glisteny that I can't help but like it! I'll have comparison swatches of it up soon, too. See above for comparison swatches!

What do you think? What have you been wearing?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...