Monday, June 11, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart Review and Swatches

Happy Monday of finals week, everybody! (Okay, everybody at the UO and/or other universities on a quarter system.) Only 1 week until I am done with all responsibilities for the term (only 4 days until my own work has to be done, OH GOD), 8 days until I leave for vacation with my mother, and 11 days until I can give the blog the attention it deserves! Until then, I have some brief review-y posts scheduled. I'll see y'all on the other side...

I've been wanting a pretty warm pink lippie for the summer, and had initially thought that Chamade would fill that hole, but that ended up being more tangerine than I was expecting (not that this is a bad thing!). Luckily, along came a 40% off sale on Revlon, and I picked up yet another lip butter, this time in Sweet Tart, a lovely warm pink cream.
Revlon Sweet Tart (yes, I used it before I photographed it, I'm sorry!)
It's semi-sheer, but it can be built up to almost full opacity, and like all the other lip butters, it is smooth, creamy, and mildly moisturizing.
single swipe, in sunlight (because we had sunlight, guys!)
It wears a little more than an hour on me, and leaves a bit of a stain behind.
applied heavily, photo taken indoors with flash

applied lightly, in sunlight
It also layers beautifully with Strawberry, which was an unexpected bonus! Usually I just wear it by itself, but it's nice to have options. Because of its luminosity, it's a very wearable pink, and I think it would look good on pretty much anyone (albeit somewhat less punchy on darker skintones). A summer staple!
Here it is in a full FOTD, with Illamasqua Tweak on cheeks (review to come)



Overview
$7.50 for 0.09 oz, available from drugstores (and can be found for much cheaper on sale)

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 4.25
Ease of Use: 4.75
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 3.75
Consistency: 4.75
Price: 4
Value: 4
Packaging: +0.5
Grade: B+


What do you think of Sweet Tart? Do you have a favorite summer lippie?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...