Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More Random Polish Spam

I am just about drowning in work right now, so I'm doing a cop-out post: Nail polishes that I'm too lazy to write individual reviews of! With my thoughts, if you can call them that...
China Glaze Grape Juice
Pretty purple foil. It's much warmer than it looks here, but purples make my camera freak out. I think this was 2 coats? Might have been 3, but the formula was good. Good wear, too. I ended up not liking it as much as I thought I would, because the foil is mostly silver with less pink than I was hoping for, but it's still a very pretty color.

China Glaze Optical Illusion
Yep, I caved and bought one of the Prismatics. It was buy 2 get 1 free! And I figured why not. I actually liked it a lot more than I was expecting to; the glitter really does sparkle like crazy, but I'm still not mad about the different colored bigger glitter pieces, and I found it wasn't that duochrome-y on, sigh. Still, the formula was good, I think that was 2 coats, and though it needed a couple layers of top coat, it wasn't a particularly finicky glitter. Definitely like it, and it's a blue I'm okay wearing!

Claire's Purple Mood Polish
I got this and Claire's Candy Shop glitter at the same time (BOGO1/2 off). It's actually super cool, and would be even cooler if my nails were longer; you can see in the picture on the left the difference between "mild" (purple, freshly applied) and "wild" (pink with mattifying top coat), and on the right my ring finger is slightly darker than the others, because I'd just pressed it against an ice water glass. Lots of fun to play with, and the formula was pretty good, too; this was just 2 coats, though it did have a slight tendency towards bald spots. My OCD self was okay with it, though, so it definitely wasn't too noticeable. They make a pink version, too, but this one is pink on me most of the time (unless my hands are cold), so I don't think I need both.

Claire's Candy Shop (sorry for the shitty phone pic)
A pretty pink chock-full of multi glitter. It applied pretty easily, especially given how much glitter there is in it, but it chipped within a day. Not sure if it's due to the polish or my base/top coat, but regardless: blergh. A pretty color, though, and interesting enough to make up for it being pink!

Revlon Popular
I bought this polish for my dear friend N as part of her birthday gift, and selfishly asked if I could swatch it for the blog before sending it to her. She was very understanding, so everyone, thank Neena for the lovely swatches! I actually liked this a lot; it's a pretty lilac pink, and I love how it's basically just built-in glitter sandwich! It was also opaque after 3 coats, which I appreciate.

Revlon Whimsical
I expected this to just be the blue version of Popular, but Whimsical is way sheerer. The middle picture shows it after 4 coats, and the rightmost after 3. I apologize for the messy application; I decided I didn't want to wear it and was too lazy to clean up my cuticles before taking pictures. I know, bad blogger. I need to either get a light blue cream to layer this over, or just wear it sheerer; the only problem is that it doesn't apply incredibly evenly, so there is some slight streakiness, which makes me think layering it would be better, but I don't want to buy another polish...alas. I'll try it again sometime, because it's light and pretty and fun, though I do feel it gives me slightly ghostly hands.

Any of these catch your eye?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...