Monday, June 18, 2012

Illamasqua Matte Blush in Tweak Review and Swatches

I managed to acquire 3 new blushes last month, and this was the first. I'd been wanting to try an Illamasqua blush after swatching them in Sephora in New York and being bowled over by how soft and pigmented they are, and after seeing Tweak on Beauty Obsessed, a lemming was born. The approach of summer and perceived need for a loud, punchy blush led to the purchase of this bright red-pink blush.
Illamasqua Tweak, in sunlight (left) and under my magnifying lamp (right); the latter is a much more accurate representation of the hue and depth
To call this pigmented is, well, an understatement. I'm ghostly pale, and I was worried that it would be too pigmented for me, but Toya's reassurances convinced me I should try it anyway, and boy, am I glad I did!
Applied lightly (top) and heavily (bottom), in sunlight

I use my fluffy Real Techniques blush brush to apply, just barely (and I mean barely) tapping it on the surface of the blush, and then blend, blend, blend. I've used it a good 15 times, and it still looks completely untouched. Madness! It gives a lovely natural flush, with its red base and matte finish, and it lasts all day.
Tweak on cheeks, Revlon Sweet Tart on lips

Bottom line(s): Lovely bright blush, should flatter just about anyone, though those of us lacking in the melanin should tread with care (soft, fluffy blush brushes rather than dense ones, and tap, don't swipe).

Overview
$24 for 0.13 oz, available from Sephora

Quality: 9
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 3.75
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5+
Duration: 5
Consistency: 4.25 (it's a bit dry, but that helps prevent too much from being applied, though it would be nice if it were a bit easier to blend out)
Price: 1.75
Value: 5 (only 0.13 oz, but holy wowzers is it pigmented)
Grade: B+


What do you think of Tweak? Do you have a favorite bright blush? Have you tried any Illamasqua blushes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...