Thursday, February 6, 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose Review and Swatches

I liked Mightiest Maraschino so much that I paid full price for Roomiest Rose. A wise choice?

Yerp, pretty much. All the swatches I found online made this look like a cream, but it's actually got some gold shimmers in it––they're not particularly abundant nor obvious, but they are there, and they add noticeable texture. While the sparkles last longer than the color, they're not really visible, so I'm not too bothered by it––they're much subtler than, say, After Party.
Left to right: Clinique Roomiest Rose, Shiseido Nymph, MAC Plumful,
Revlon Sugar Plum
The color is a red-leaning warmish plum; it's not as dark as Nymph, not as pink as Plumful, and is more opaque than Sugar Plum. The result is a slightly amped-up MLBB.
I feel weird without earrings.
Roomiest Rose is easy to (re)apply, but I find it only lasts an hour and a half before I need to touch it up, which isn't bad, it's just not as great as Mightiest Maraschino. Of course, MM is a bright red, and RR is a plummy MLBB, so it's not entirely surprising.

Other things to note: I don't find it moisturizing, but neither is it drying; there's no scent or taste; and like all Chubby Sticks, the product swivels, so no need to sharpen.

All in all, I like it. It's not ground-breaking or awe-inspiring, but it's a nice, pretty lippie at a palatable (to me) price. I'd like it even more without the shimmer, but it's subtle enough (I don't even know if you can see it in these pictures!) that I don't mind too much. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I will happily use up this one! Eventually. We all know how long it takes to finish a lippie...

Overview
$17 for 0.10 oz, available from Sephora and basically every retailer you can think of

Quality: 8.25
Effectiveness: 3.75 (not moisturizing, nor is it "halfway between sheer and opaque"––it's fully opaque)
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 4.5 (not moisturizing as they claim, but neither is it drying)
Pigmentation: 4.5 (I knew it would be more opaque than claimed, having experienced MM and read about RR online, and am happy it is so, but others might not be)
Duration: 4
Consistency: 4
Price: 2.75
Value: 3.75*
Grade: B-

*I assume an average of 0.007 g/application, which gives 404 applications/tube at $0.042 apiece. A tube would last a bit less than 2 months of 10-hour daily wear, applying every 1.5 hours, at $0.294/day. This is relatively affordable, but not terribly long-lasting. 

What do you think of Roomiest Rose? What's your favorite MLBB? Is $17 for a lipstick perfectly affordable in your mind? (The me of today says yes, the me of a year ago says WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT'S SO MUCH FOOD)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...