Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bite Lush Lip Tint in Juice

Larie recently had a blog sale, and I picked up a couple of Bite lippies I'd been wanting to try (and, because she's amazing, she included a pile of other wonderful goodies!). I figured I'd start the reviews with this Lush Lip Tint. I like sheer lipsticks for low-maintenance days, or when I'm wearing bold eyes, and I don't have a lot of lippies in this particular color family (being warm/nude pinks).

The Lush Lip Tints have a center (in the shape of a B, how twee) made of super moisturizing ingredients, including the much-touted resveratrol (I tend to get mine from red wine, not my lipstick, but I guess more is always better). One swipe is pretty sheer, and you can see a lack of pigment down the center where the B lives (far left), but it can be built up to semi-opaque, which negates any potential unevenness.
Left to right: Bite Juice, one swipe; Bite Juice, built up; MAC Viva Glam V, one swipe; MAC Viva Glam V, built up;
Shu Uemura BG 935, one swipe
I find it gives me about an hour of color if I don't eat, with the moisture lingering for another hour or two after the tint is gone. It's effortless to apply, so I don't really have a problem with needing to do so frequently. The packaging is very sleek, which I like, but the product does jiggle around a little in its case; it hasn't been a problem yet, but it's something to keep in mind.

FOTD, with Sweet Life's Caramel Chocolate Mousse Torte,
my HG dessert. The lipstick did not survive the ensuing melee.
Neither did the torte.
Obviously.
Overview
$24 for 0.13 oz, available from Sephora

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 4 (it's very moisturizing, but it doesn't give "long-lasting color")
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 4.75 (very moisturizing, slightly fruity smell and taste)
Pigmentation: 4 (it does give a nice tint, but they claim it provides "luscious color", which...is overstating things)
Duration: 3.75 (it gives an hour of solid color, but the moisture remains for another couple after that)
Consistency: 4.5
Price: 2
Value: 4*
Grade: B(-)

*Each tube contains 3.69 g, and I assume that an application takes 0.008 g on average (based on other lippies of similar opacity). That means a tube has 461 applications at $0.052 apiece. For consistently colored lips, applying every hour, a tube would last around a month and a half of 10-hour daily use at $0.52 a day, applying hourly. For consistently moisturized but not always colored lips, a tube would last almost 4 months, applying every 2.5 hours, at $0.208 a day.

It's not groundbreaking or life-changing, but it is a very nice tinted balm that lasts longer and feels better on than drugstore alternatives. I will happily use it up!

Have you tried any of the Bite Lush Lip Tints? What's your favorite tinted balm/moisturizing sheer lipstick?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...