Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quick Review: Korres Quince Lip Butter

I've been wanting to try Korres' lip butters for years, but never got around to it. Until I was in Sephora, and they had 4 shades to try, and I had 15% off, and I figured why not. I debated between the deep red Wild Rose and the lighter, warmer pink Quince, and obviously decided on the latter. I figured I had enough reds already, and I wanted something "natural" but pretty.
It gets smudgy after you've used it for a bit. Sorry.

Okay, the good: Natural and pretty! Lovely flattering shade of pink with subtle glossiness and minimal stickiness. Decently moisturizing while worn, lasts a couple hours, fades evenly. Feels lightweight and plumpy (shut up it's a word).

left to right: YSL Rouge Volupté Shine 6 Pink in Devotion, Korres Quince, Revlon Sweet Tart

The bad: Not deeply moisturizing, can build up on the inside of lips (is there a term for that?) though not to the point of being visible, merely feeling annoying. Smells kind of funky––probably supposed to be quince, but it smells synthetic and sour candyish to me, though I've grown to like it better with time. Unsanitary packaging, but I'm more annoyed by how my finger is always left with a bit of product––where am I supposed to wipe it?

In spite of the drawbacks, I actually really like this. It's low-fuss, pretty, and while it's not as moisturizing as they claim, it's a nice, foolproof way to look polished without obviously wearing makeup. I love my bright reds, but sometimes it's nice to have something more subtle! I wouldn't mind having this in some other shades, but I probably won't purchase them myself––too many other things I want to try! $12 for 0.21 oz, available from Sephora. Grade: B 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...